[solved] fadelabel not working in Now Playing screen (2 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After I made some font size changes, I had to make a few tweaks to the general layout spacing to accommodate the larger fonts. I discovered , in Now Playing, that the rules for width are being ignored for type- fadelabel. I set the width for all the labels for the current title, and for next title to 500. The longest labels still extent over 1000 pixels, overlaying other graphics, and not staying within the blocks I've defined. These errors weren't apparent in the original DefaultWideHD screens, but very noticeable in my new tweaks. The first pic is DefaultWideHD, the second is my changes in my OldEyesWideHD, the third is the xml for the next title section. It's probaly something I've overlooked. Thanks for any help

1-11-14-39.png2-10-52-48.pngnow playing xml.jpg

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I don´t know that editor (missing all the xml properties?), but here an example of a fadelabel in references.xml of DWHD:
    <control> <description>default fadelabel</description> <type>fadelabel</type> <id>0</id> <posX>145</posX> <posY>993</posY> <width>480</width> <align>left</align> <font>font13</font> <textcolor>ivory</textcolor> <wrapString> | </wrapString> <scrollStartDelaySec>5</scrollStartDelaySec> <shadowAngle>0</shadowAngle> <shadowDistance>0</shadowDistance> <shadowColor></shadowColor> </control>

The width is set there to 480 pixels, and that width is respected on every screen.
    If you need another width, you need to put it in the relevant screen xml as shown above.
    Example: In the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml you need a width of 650, the x-position of 200, and the y-position of 885. and the label should read "Track: Angel | Aerosmith"
    In that case you only need to adapt the relevant properties like x/y position, width and label:
    <control> <description>fadelabel</description> <type>fadelabel</type> <id>0</id> <posX>200</posX> <posY>885</posY> <width>650</width> <label>#(L(182)): #Play.Current.Title | #(L(171)) #Play.Current.Artist</label> </control>

Hope it helps ;)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I'm using the xml notepad from Microsoft

Could it be that there are just too many animations going on at once, and they're stealing the priority? fadelabel works fine on other screens, even when I check it against regular Notepad I get the same results. I will try to repeat some of the additional code to see if things change.

Thank you for the feedback! (y)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    tried moving the import element for MyMusicPlayingNowAnimation.xml to the bottom the xml. Copied elements from the references.xml fadelabel section to the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml/next Album Label element to see if the code would work if it was local.

Saddly... fadelabel is still not working in the Now Playing screen. The xml code is in correct form.

I'm baffled.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I reinstalled MP 1.30 to get a fresh copy of DefaultWideHD. I changed (in regular Notepad) only the width of the fadelabels for playing now and playing next in MyMusicPlayingNow.xml from 1600 to 500. There was no effect on the label widthin DefaultWideHD for the long Aerosmith Album name. The fadelabel width element is still being ignored in the Now Playing Screen. (sorry). fadelabel, as far as I can see, is working in all other screens.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    It's a work in progress ... only changing the few screens we actually use, to accommodate the larger font sizes (with tweaks), so there still is a lot to do with overlays, OSDs and dialogs, and fix stuff in the CD animation on the Now Playing screen. :whistle:

I've only included the pertinent folders/files within the OldEye skin folder to save space; basically just the main skin xmls and a theme. there will be some empty folders with just thumbs.db that I couldn't delete. Shouldn't be a problem.

- Make a copy of your DefaultWideHD. Rename to OldEyesWideHD. Copy OldEyesWideHD from the zip over the renamed folder.

Attachments

• OldEyesWideHD.zip
      28.2 MB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem fixed ;)
    You are showing the LED/Spectrum Analyzer on Now Playing, so you need to change the MyMusicPlayingNowLedVU.xml (attached)
    If you switch to analog VU meters, you have to adapt the MyMusicPlayingNowAnVU.xml, the width is good with 1000px.
    If you switch to no show any VU meters, you need to adapt the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml, there a width of 1600 should work fine
    Have fun as a our new skin designer ;)

Attachments

• MyMusicPlayingNowLedVU.xml
      13.4 KB
    Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Problem fixed ;)
    You are showing the LED/Spectrum Analyzer on Now Playing, so you need to change the MyMusicPlayingNowLedVU.xml (attached)
    If you switch to analog VU meters, you have to adapt the MyMusicPlayingNowAnVU.xml, the width is good with 1000px.
    If you switch to no show any VU meters, you need to adapt the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml, there a width of 1600 should work fine
    Have fun as a our new skin designer ;)
    HAHAHA! ... "our new skin designer" :eek:

Yes, it indeed fixed the issue, Thankyou so very much!! I have to coordinate all the related xmls ... AND get new glasses (as well as professional psychiatric help). Thankyou for the hidden insights. I'm happy with width=1165 for Playing now, and width=940 for playing next. I just knew it was something I was overlooking.

11-05-46.png

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I really like your OldEyesWideHD mod, it makes it much easier the read.
    One question, is there a way to remove the (my) from my tv series in the main basic menu?
    I tried to use the skin editor but the option to use (my) is already unticked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom