Default Skins Feedback (1 Viewer)

Post feedback about the new default skin here.
Hi Catavolt! Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using the ClassicHome screen. I tried using the BasicHome screen and it does work there. It's too bad that it's not possible to use the fireplace on the ClassicHome screen as it would look very nice there. Thank you for your help! :)
Hi Catavolt! Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using the ClassicHome screen. I tried using the BasicHome screen and it does...
Hi folks, with MP 1.13.0 Pre Release we changed the delivered DefaultWide to DefaultWideHD :D Some of you may already know...
Replies
Views
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
Curious ... Is there a reason "GUI - Screen" is accessed by "Settings/Screen set-up", and also "Settings/GUI/Screen"?
Replies
Views
@2BitSculptor @TLD Made small changes to the order of the shortcut items: This will definitely be the official screen in DWHD for the next release ;) XML attacherd ;) Thread marked as solved :D
@2BitSculptor @TLD Made small changes to the order of the shortcut items: This will definitely be the official screen in DWHD...
Is there a "Keyboard Help" screen in DefaultWideHD? to list keyboard controls? ... would be useful as a "Settings/General" sub menu.
Replies
Views
This is the changes to my TVSeries.xml.
This is the changes to my TVSeries.xml.
Here I am again ... completely befuddled ... My wife insists it is totally necessary for her to see which Series we are looking at...
Replies
Views
Try it with MPConfig -> GUI -> Language settings and untick "Use string prefixes..." ;)
Try it with MPConfig -> GUI -> Language settings and untick "Use string prefixes..." ;)
After I made some font size changes, I had to make a few tweaks to the general layout spacing to accommodate the larger fonts. I...
Replies
Views
Yup, I just celebrated my 72. birthday on 6th of November ;)
Yup, I just celebrated my 72. birthday on 6th of November ;)
So, here's another one. DefaultWideHD again. Since I've changed the height of the fonts in fonts.xml to be larger, so I wouldn't...
Replies
Views
Will try to do so ;)
Will try to do so ;)
I'm customizing DefaultWideHD with larger text for my old eyes. I find that the name for the plugin "Moving Pictures" is too long...
Replies
Views
Did you see this thread ? The poster in that thread could not get MP's Schedules Direct plugin to work. I tried it on my test system (I don't have a Schedules Direct account), but I could not get it to work either. @framug mentioned that the plugins run no more than once per day, so that may have been my problem. However... I...
Did you see this thread ? The poster in that thread could not get MP's Schedules Direct plugin to work. I tried it on my test...
It seems an old annoyance is still around (many previous versions) The red dot doesn't always display in TV Guide or scheduler for...
Replies
Views
It is certainly worth a try. I had given up and laid this idea to rest. I shall try at the weekend, thank you.
It is certainly worth a try. I had given up and laid this idea to rest. I shall try at the weekend, thank you.
Morning all, I want to execute a skin function as soon as a window opens, and I think the easiest way might be to put it in the...
Replies
Views
I have enabled it now for testing, but I am not able to get the top bar at the DefaultWideHD basic home screen. Only on some various sub menues to top bar apears. Ok thanks, nice idea... maybe i will give this i a try In the meantime i think i will go back to Titan Skin were the Exit Dialog is simply accessable.
I have enabled it now for testing, but I am not able to get the top bar at the DefaultWideHD basic home screen. Only on some...
Hi, i am not able to find the exit dialog where i am able to restart/exit Mediaportal/Computer which i know from most other skins...
Replies
Views
Just trying to get DefaultWideHD running on new install of MP 1.18 and the support files do not reflect what I see on my setup Wondering if I need to update to latest version of DefaultWideHD but no information is available from extension manager Bit stumped so wondering if there is a way to get the current version rather than just...
Just trying to get DefaultWideHD running on new install of MP 1.18 and the support files do not reflect what I see on my setup...
Just trying to get DefaultWideHD running on new install of MP 1.18 and the support files do not reflect what I see on my setup...
Replies
Views
Yup, skin engine is not able to scale group elements correct on 4K displays (and there may be more scaling issues on 4K displays) ;)
Yup, skin engine is not able to scale group elements correct on 4K displays (and there may be more scaling issues on 4K displays) ;)
Hi @catavolt Peter, i've noticed some glitches with Default Wide HD and World Weather in Basic Home screen and Worldweather Screen...
Replies
Views
The skin looks great but I would like to personalize it a little bit. Is there a simple way to replace the text and possibly also the icons for the menu items in the carousel root menu? I had a template for changing the icons in the Titan skin so was able to make my own. thanks Fangio.
The skin looks great but I would like to personalize it a little bit. Is there a simple way to replace the text and possibly also...
The skin looks great but I would like to personalize it a little bit. Is there a simple way to replace the text and possibly also...
Replies
Views
Closing this thread ;)
Closing this thread ;)
Hi folks, within this forum thread I will provide you with skin files for different plugins to be compatible with the new design of...
Replies
Views
@catavolt . Looks like not too many actually care what the Default skins are called, but the changes, IMO, should be done soon, possibly as soon as MP1.13 . Follow your heart. As long as it is a well announced and documented change we shouldn't get much flack. Keep up the Great work! Chuck
@catavolt . Looks like not too many actually care what the Default skins are called, but the changes, IMO, should be done soon...
@catavolt I was thinking about this as a result of a comment in the dev discussion for MP1.13. Instead of Default as a name...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Year display DE
Hi, Been using MediaPortal for a number of years and think it is a really powerful application. I've been thinking for a while that I could do with being able to see a year being displayed in the recorded TV listings. I've never been able to find a setting to switch the year on, so I'm presuming it's a skin setting? I am using the...
Hi, Been using MediaPortal for a number of years and think it is a really powerful application. I've been thinking for a while...
Hi, Been using MediaPortal for a number of years and think it is a really powerful application. I've been thinking for a while...
Replies
Views
Any feedback? ;)
Any feedback? ;)
Hi, there is a new feature to support to show the movie duration in listview. Here is a small theme for that. Thx, regeszter
Replies
Views
I can only speak for myself: I have no plans to port this skin to MP2. On the other hand I would be very happy if someone does it :)
I can only speak for myself: I have no plans to port this skin to MP2. On the other hand I would be very happy if someone does it :)
hi, are there plans to port the "default wide" skin to Mediaportal 2 (like it ist done with Titan-Skin)?
Replies
Views
No Jira yet... (hate to do that for a simple and safe addition like this one - the administrative work is ten times more than the actual fix...)
No Jira yet... (hate to do that for a simple and safe addition like this one - the administrative work is ten times more than the...
There seems to be a problem with the new 1.3 BETA in the filestacking dialog. The problem is that it isn't showing the disks/parts...
Replies
Views
Suddenly realised what was so grating (to me) about the Titan skin. On most screens there is a grid, which means that I have to decide which button to press, right and down or down and then left. Now that may sound (and in some ways is) trivial but the point is with the old Default skins I didn't have that decision. Ergo, it was...
Suddenly realised what was so grating (to me) about the Titan skin. On most screens there is a grid, which means that I have to...
Hi, (I don't sure this post is right section of the forum, so sorry.) I have missed the vertical menus form home of the new...
Replies
Views
Catavolt you're a star. Thanks, knew I had to be looking in the wrong place. I'll be a very happy boy tomorrow when I update the animation timings. Thank you. :-)
Catavolt you're a star. Thanks, knew I had to be looking in the wrong place. I'll be a very happy boy tomorrow when I update the...
Does anyone know where the xml command is that controls the delay before fade in on the Recently added/played overlays for Default...
Replies
Views
Ah, forgot to say: The workaround is that I put the whole NowPlaying overlays into the common.window.xml as well, so when this is called (standard in all screens), the overlay won´t disappear. The TVSeries.xml in DefaultWide does not import the common.window.xml, so the bug is visible. But it is still a bug, although with my...
Ah, forgot to say: The workaround is that I put the whole NowPlaying overlays into the common.window.xml as well, so when this is...
Hi! In MP-TVSeries if music is currently playing I can't see Now Playing info at the bottom of the screen after opening hidden menu...
Replies
Views
Hi , I add update skin file for MP 1.4 ... see her ...https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/my-lyrics-1-7-1-18-06-2013.119464/
Hi , I add update skin file for MP 1.4 ... see her ...https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/my-lyrics-1-7-1-18-06-2013.119464/
Hello, the MyLyrics skin needs some adjustments. You can see it at the bottom of the screen. There is also an issue on basic...
Replies
Views
Music Fanart isn´t implemented yet ;)
Music Fanart isn´t implemented yet ;)
The skin shows my video fanart when I navigate to the video section. It doesn't do this when navigating to the music section or to...
Replies
Views
thanks, that works!
thanks, that works!
hi, just updated from mp 1.3 to 1.4 final. one little problem: if i switch with mp 1.3 on home screen to tv i see the background...
Replies
Views
htbackdrops.com
htbackdrops.com
At the risk of outing myself as sooo last century, I have to say that I am disappointed with the new DefaultWide. The old version...
Replies
Views
Hmmmmph!!!! Of course it was only an example!
Hmmmmph!!!! Of course it was only an example!
Hi @catavolt and @Team. I tried to add images to GUIDialogMenu and I found that it is possible to add ListItems with all its stuff...
Replies
Views
THX ysmp - will care about :p
THX ysmp - will care about :p
Hi Catavolt , :) I'm tacking a second look at the setting section... with DW skin. find 3 screens animations sliding ... instead of...
Replies
Views
Looks like this: And, before you ask (and I know you gonna ask ;-), YES, the channel number is correct: Finally, just because you might ask: YES, I exit RW Key Master before I start MP... That is actually the first thing I did after installing the LAN driver. (The second is to use a fixed ip4 address.) Regards
Looks like this: And, before you ask (and I know you gonna ask ;-), YES, the channel number is correct: Finally, just...
This is a fresh install (no prev. version installed) on a freshly installed Win 7 x86. When I click on TV, I can see the sub menu...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I already posted this in the Titan Thread, however: I am using MP 1.3. Final on my kitchen Htpc with touchscreen, and therefore I switched on the Mousecontrols in configuration. But these controls do not show, especially where I need them, in the MiniEPG and EPG view (up/down). I don't know if this is a bug, however I wanted...
Hi all, I already posted this in the Titan Thread, however: I am using MP 1.3. Final on my kitchen Htpc with touchscreen, and...
Hi all, I already posted this in the Titan Thread, however: I am using MP 1.3. Final on my kitchen Htpc with touchscreen, and...
Replies
Views
Hi! I have the same problem with the red dot. I dont like genre coloring so there would be no interference with red backgrounds. What do I have to change in the xml-files to get red background for recordings back to my skin? bye!
Hi! I have the same problem with the red dot. I dont like genre coloring so there would be no interference with red backgrounds...
I am really impressed with MP 1.3.0 Alpha but have some reservations regarding the new EPG Graphics .. I am using Default Wide...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom