Failed to create directory on installation (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
I've just tried to install MP2 and I'm getting a error when the installation tries to create a start menu folder, My only option then is to cancel and roll back, I'm a bit concerned also that this folder already exists and is part of my MP1.6 installation which I really don't want to mess with as it's a very stable setup.
I would be grateful if someone could take a quick look at the attached log...Thanks

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange, I've never seen such an issue before. Do you have any special configuration or tools installed, that prevent modifcations of start menu folders?

Regarding co-existence with MP1: there should be no side effects, besides the fact that both products are listed under "Programs\Team MediaPortal"

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    there should be no side effects, besides the fact that both products are listed under "Programs\Team MediaPortal"
    Not to forget that both are installing a tray app that starts on windows start. If both tray apps are running there will be some issues as both MP versions are starting and reacting on remote presses at the same time. If you want to use MP1 and MP2 alongside you need to take care of those tray launchers. Only let the one running you want to use at this time...

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Thanks for the replies....

Don't think there is anything special about my windows set up, In fact I gave XBMC a try straight after my failed attempt at MP2 and that installed without any problems.
    I'm trying to run 2 monitors simultaneously off one system, MP1 downstairs, MP2 upstairs, Setting up independent remotes may be a bit tricky, Although I've got a pair of original MCE remotes and receivers I think only one can be connected at a time....Maybe I'll try wifi instead.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom