Failure after running out of disc space on C drive. (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hi

I ran out of disc space on C drive an opened MediaPortal and it no longer works. I had the same problem before and tried the below and got it to work. However, it does not on this occasion.

1. Open a command line by clicking start, type "cmd", hit return/enter.

2. Stop the TV Service: Type (or Copy/Paste) net stop TVService
3. Type (or Copy/Paste) cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin (this should be the path to the bin subdirectory within your MySQL install folder) and hit return/enter.
4. Type (or Copy/Paste) mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p ,and hit return/enter.
5. A password prompt should appear. The default password is MediaPortal (case sensitive).
6. Start the TV Service: Type (or Copy/Paste) net start TVService

Would I have to do a full clean uninstall and cleanup? I tried that in the past when I had a problem and even it did not fix the problem on some occasions. So I attached my log. I have an older 1.2.3.0 version as I found it easier to navigate the interface than the new version.

Regards Richard.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Richard,

I ran out of disc space on C drive...
    I hope you understand how serious that is. Running out of HDD space can cause any file to be corrupted. If a critical system file is corrupted, you may lose the ability to start Windows etc. etc. etc. I strongly recommend to take measures to avoid running out of space ever again.

I had the same problem before and tried the below and got it to work. However, it does not on this occasion.
    That's probably because different files have been affected. Like I said above: any file could be corrupt.

In this case the error log shows that C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.Config is corrupted. You can fix that file by replacing it with the attached one. Note I got the attached file from -->here<--; it's only suitable for MP 1.2.3.

There may be other corrupt files. If there are, you'll have to fix them too.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.exe.config.zip
      593 bytes

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Once I had a MP1 setup doing recording on the C drive. Once the drive filled up starting MP1 corrupted something so that I could not use it anymore even after freeing up drive space. I had to do a clean install.

Recordings on C drive is a bad idea.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I tried what you suggested and replaced the file you attached. It still seems to have a similar problem after I stated it again. I attached the new error log file. Let me know what you suggest.
    Regards Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom