Fanart Handler music not working in Avallanche (2 Viewers)

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As the title already implies, I'm having problems showing fanart when playing music (using MePo 1.5 with Avallanche skin). I have installed the latest version of the Fanart Handler-plugin and it seems to work. However, when I start music in Mediaportal, it says in the left-top corner it wants to download art, but never gets to 100%. More interestingly, I already have downloaded all the fanart needed (when using Avalon before), so it simply has to show the fanart that I already copied to the correct folder.

Any ideas what might be going on here? Thanks in advance!

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since I am now working on the computer on which MePo is actually installed, I am able to provide logs. I had a quick look myself at the 'fanart handler' log and it seems to have something to do with an XML-file called 'settings_movies.xml'. I did notice that this file (in the Avallanche-skin folder) has 0 kb, so seems to contain no information at all.

By the way, the same problem occurs when using the 'Latest Media Handler-plugin'. However, I'm not too bothered if this plugin doesn't work (but it would be appreciated to get it working, though :)

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Since I am now working on the computer on which MePo is actually installed, I am able to provide logs. I had a quick look myself at the 'fanart handler' log and it seems to have something to do with an XML-file called 'settings_movies.xml'. I did notice that this file (in the Avallanche-skin folder) has 0 kb, so seems to contain no information at all.

By the way, the same problem occurs when using the 'Latest Media Handler-plugin'. However, I'm not too bothered if this plugin doesn't work (but it would be appreciated to get it working, though :)

Hi,

I happened to come across this thread entrusted to it was not located in the correct subforum.
    Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) ;)

The file appears to have become corrupted. Try the attached file.
    It does't seem that you are using the latest version of Fanart Handler
    LOG: 10-Dec-2013 22:09:47 Info [FanartHandler]: Fanart Handler version is 2.3.1.531
    Try this one, FanartHandler 3.1:
    http://code.google.com/p/fanart-handler/downloads/list

I hope it solves the problem.

Attachments

• settings_movies.xml
      1.9 KB

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @sweborn

The reason I did not add my issue to the 'Avallanche' forum was that I did not know whether I would be in the correct thread to ask my question and I didn't want to end up on page 128 and do lots of reading not pertaining to my issue...

But, more importantly, your suggestion works! I updated fanart-handler as you suggested (Mediaportal Extension Installer has never given me a notice that Fanarthandler had to be updated, so I didn't do this beforehand) and replaced the 'settings_movies.xml' file. Only once did the plugin have to 'grab' fanart and from that point everything was read from the folder itself. Perfect (though I still wonder why LatestMediahandler doesn't work; I'll update that one too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom