Fanart Handler music not working in Avallanche

Discussion in 'Avalon' started by Douwedijkstr, December 8, 2013.

1. Douwedijkstr
    • Premium Supporter

Douwedijkstr MP Donator

Teacher of English
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    As the title already implies, I'm having problems showing fanart when playing music (using MePo 1.5 with Avallanche skin). I have installed the latest version of the Fanart Handler-plugin and it seems to work. However, when I start music in Mediaportal, it says in the left-top corner it wants to download art, but never gets to 100%. More interestingly, I already have downloaded all the fanart needed (when using Avalon before), so it simply has to show the fanart that I already copied to the correct folder.

Any ideas what might be going on here? Thanks in advance!

• Missing System Logs and/or Specs Missing System Logs and/or Specs x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. franat

franat Portal Pro

No one
    Ratings:
    +10 / 5
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Same here until the last month.

4. Douwedijkstr
    • Premium Supporter

Douwedijkstr MP Donator

Teacher of English
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Since I am now working on the computer on which MePo is actually installed, I am able to provide logs. I had a quick look myself at the 'fanart handler' log and it seems to have something to do with an XML-file called 'settings_movies.xml'. I did notice that this file (in the Avallanche-skin folder) has 0 kb, so seems to contain no information at all.

By the way, the same problem occurs when using the 'Latest Media Handler-plugin'. However, I'm not too bothered if this plugin doesn't work (but it would be appreciated to get it working, though :)

5. sweborn
    • Premium Supporter

sweborn Extension Designer

Ratings:
    +214 / 1
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I happened to come across this thread entrusted to it was not located in the correct subforum.
    Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) ;)

The file appears to have become corrupted. Try the attached file.
    It does't seem that you are using the latest version of Fanart Handler
    LOG: 10-Dec-2013 22:09:47 Info [FanartHandler]: Fanart Handler version is 2.3.1.531
    Try this one, FanartHandler 3.1:
    http://code.google.com/p/fanart-handler/downloads/list

I hope it solves the problem.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Douwedijkstr
    • Premium Supporter

Douwedijkstr MP Donator

Teacher of English
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    @sweborn

The reason I did not add my issue to the 'Avallanche' forum was that I did not know whether I would be in the correct thread to ask my question and I didn't want to end up on page 128 and do lots of reading not pertaining to my issue...

But, more importantly, your suggestion works! I updated fanart-handler as you suggested (Mediaportal Extension Installer has never given me a notice that Fanarthandler had to be updated, so I didn't do this beforehand) and replaced the 'settings_movies.xml' file. Only once did the plugin have to 'grab' fanart and from that point everything was read from the folder itself. Perfect (though I still wonder why LatestMediahandler doesn't work; I'll update that one too!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!