Fanart Handler Plugin v2.1.1 (and music fanart scraper) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v1.0 (and music fanart scraper)

Congratulations for your work cul8er, I agree with the other users that this is a MUST HAVE plugin. Thanks for developing this tool and for sharing it in order to be used by other skins designer (although I will continue using your fantastic skin). Mediaportal, and specially the music part, will now be more spectacular.

Keep up with the good job and thanks for all. Regards,

Aitor

PS: BTW, I don't like very much the plugin icon (specially that green colour) in the mediaportal configuration ;)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Enhancement Request - Aspect Ratio Restriction

Issue 6 - fanart-handler - Aspect Ratio Restriction - Project Hosting on Google Code

In addition to the resolution restriction, you could have an aspect ratio restriction.
    The cleanest way to do this is to have a tick box "Display only wide images"

eg. [ X ] Display only wide images

Then this would only display images that have an aspect ratio > 1.55 (approx 16:10 ratio)

I choose 1.55 over 1.6 because i think it still stretches nicely up to 16:10 / 16:9

Justification:

Most users of fanart, are displaying them fullscreen so they will be stretched to widescreen. Lots of images that are available / scraped (particularly from the existing last.fm scraper) have a 4:3 or portrait aspect ratio. This looks awful when it's stretched to widescreen format.

Enhancement Request - Fade to transparent / No fanart = transparent image

Issue 7 - fanart-handler - Enhancement Request - Fade to transparent / No fanart = transparent image - Project Hosting on Google Code

(1) If there is no fanart available does it display a black image, or a blank image. If possible it would be better to display a blank (transparent image) because then the skinner can set the image he wants to display when no fanart is available. eg. the movie theatre in moving pics skin, or the music studio in nowplaying music window.

(2) I notice that sometimes the fanart fades in from a black background, is it possible to fade in from a transparency? This would allow the skinner to fade from their own custom image if they don't like having a black fade.

Thanks
    Kiwi

PS - Great work on the plugin and scraper!

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    Re: Enhancement Request - Aspect Ratio Restriction

(1) If there is no fanart available does it display a black image, or a blank image. If possible it would be better to display a blank (transparent image) because then the skinner can set the image he wants to display when no fanart is available. eg. the movie theatre in moving pics skin, or the music studio in nowplaying music window.

doesnt it already do this? as a default it is set to shuffle your pictures in your animation/music folder every 30 seconds. at least i believe... ive only been playing with this since this morning.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Thank you all for your feedback;)

2BitSculptor;
    I agree with Spragleknas that this should be keept as a separate plugin (but I do appreciate your suggestion). The more small but yet compatible plugins we have the better MP architecture will work allowing interactions between plugins and allowing faster updates.

alex.riney;
    when there is no fan art, the default images from my multiimage folder dont show up right. i see them for a second and then they fade to black, about 30 seconds later (as i saw in the xml) my images come back... strange.
    Please see the examples in the skinners guide and especially the use of ids 91919293 and 91919294. If you do not use these ids in the visibility of your images you will get the effect you mention. Adding them and the issue shoudl be gone.

Pretoriano;
    Btw please use the MediaPortal repository for your plugin so you can have your own subforum
    I will add the source to the google code site (in the same way that TVSeries and Moving Picture) does as soon as I have finsihed adding comments in all places in the code;)
    EDIT; I have read you post again and now I think you ment that I should post the plugin (the MPI file) to the repository. Will do this in minutes. Thanks for the reminder;)

bodiroga;
    BTW, I don't like very much the plugin icon (specially that green colour) in the mediaportal configuration
    Please feel free to post a better image. This was a last minute work just before releasing v1.0 and my imagination was running low;)

kiwijunglist;
    Thank you for your feedback and for using the google code site for reporting issues. I have replied to your issues on that site.

best regards
    cul8er

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

bodiroga;
    BTW, I don't like very much the plugin icon (specially that green colour) in the mediaportal configuration
    Please feel free to post a better image. This was a last minute work just before releasing v1.0 and my imagination was running low;)
    best regards
    cul8er

Hi Cul8er,
    I did a google search for some nice images which could be thumbed for this. See the spoiler below. (Its a bit much.) Hope you find something you like in there, or atleast something which comes close. :)

abstract-accent-art-background-design-thumb2058530.jpg

paint.jpg

girl-painting-wall-red-main_Full.jpg

001-painting-wall-2_365.jpg

TinaJ-Pear1f.jpg

paint_background.JPG

splat002.jpg

paint-splatter-texture-green-thumb2232739.jpg

polaroid-effect-wo-text.jpg

1177240889_ed18d6de2e.jpg

3751659437_241edf65a2.jpg

ladygaga.jpg

jessica-harp-polaroid.jpg

polaroidTestSide2.png

polaroid_klammer.jpg

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

fanart_icon.gif
    |
    fanart_icon2.gif

if you like it, but don't like the colour then let me know the colour you want and i'll change it.

mariusau

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2008
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Thanks for a great plugin. Just installed and initial scrape is running, but is there any way of knowing when initial scrape is finished?

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

FANTASTIC PLUGIN! Thanks heaps ... I love it!

Kiwijunglist and Trevor are working on port to Streamed MP skin, I just can't wait!!

:D AGAIN!

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

The plugin seems to be using the low resolution version of the cover art.

See below.

The quality on the first one is good (500x500) but the second one is blurry, as if it was using the low res version.

Al1.PNG.jpg

Al2.PNG.jpg

How can I force the "Playing Now" window to use the high res version of the cover art?

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom