Fanart Handler Plugin v2.3.1.531 (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.3.1.523

I got a "Invalid file format" error when trying to install the update from the MPEI.

EDIT: Was able to manually download the .MPEI file from the project home page and install with MPEI fine.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the error when using the MPE1 tool. It was a wrong link. I have fixed this now so both the tool and manual download should be ok.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

New version of FanartHandler is now available. The new version contains;
    * Fix for fanart in myVideos (thanks Deda for your help)
    * ScoreCenter support is now working for latest version of the plugin.
    * Support for the mvCentral plugin
    * Made a few more methods available for external access (for access from other plugins)

best regards
    cul8er

Hi cul8er , nice to see you back ... :)

can you give more info abut "Made a few more methods available for external access (for access from other plugins) "

:D
    Hi,

A few of the methods that this plugin has are made public to other plugins. For example, LatestMediaHandler calls FanartHandler to get the backdrop info for movies displayed by LatestMediaHandler. TVSeries and MovingPictures (and others) have similar methods that other plugins can use. Simply a way of making plugins able to be "combined" and use things from one and other.

Hope this explanation make sense ;)

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Wrong link at another place - now corrected. The plugin repository is now updated. The MPE1 tool should work, if it doesn't please let me know but then I would be quite embarrassed as that would mean I managed to mess the link up three times in a row ;)

cheers
    cul8er

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I got a "Invalid file format" error when trying to install the update from the MPEI.

EDIT: Was able to manually download the .MPEI file from the project home page and install with MPEI fine.

Sorry to say it but i'm still getting this error when trying to use the MPEI update button.

EDIT: Fixed see post below.

coolstream

October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi. I'm sorry to say that my first post here is to report that MPEI is still pointing to the wrong location/file and therefore that instalation cannot be done. :sorry:

EDIT: rereading your earlier post about MPEI not having been updated with latest version, I have now managed to download and install the plugin.

In order to get MPEI to work, first of all use Options tab and then hit Download online update info button. You should now be able to install the plugin using the Known extensions tab.

I hope that this works for others too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom