Fanart Handler Plugin v3.0.9.000 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    As this thread is obsolete, pls. follow this new thread for FanArt Handler here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/fanart-handler-plugin-v4-0-0-000.128577/

This thread will be closed ;)
    Best regards!
    catavolt

Introduction

Completely rewritten version.

Please note that this version will;
    1. Move all your scraped images from "\Skin FanArt\Scraper\music" to "\Skin FanArt\Backup\oldfanart.zip".
    2. Rename your existing fanarthandler.db3 database to _old and then copy a new database.

On first run a full fanart scrape will be initiated.

Fanart Handler is a plugin for MediaPortal (MP). The plugin basically supports;
    • Search and download music artist fanart or artist thumbnails (scrape) from the htbackdrops site (link).
      • for all artists stored in your MP music database.
      • for any artist currently being played (on the fly).
    • Search and download music artist thumbnails or artist thumbnails (scrape) from the last.fm site.
      • for all artists stored in your MP music database.
      • for any artist currently being played (on the fly).
    • Push fanart that you store on your local harddrive to the current used MP skin.
      [*]push fanart for now played music
      [*]push fanart for selected music or movie
      [*]push random images from selected folders​
    Guides
    Requirements
    • MediaPortal 1.2 or later
    • A skin that supports the Fanart Handler plugin
    NOTE1!
    This plugin only supports JPG images.

Download for MediaPortal 1.2 or later
    Latest version is available here.

Report Issues
    Please use this issue list to report any issues related to this plugin (link).

Project Page
    Project Page

Thank you to everyone that has helped me testing the Beta versions and the Release Candidates. Without your help this plugin would never had reached version 1. Also a big thank you to the team behind Moving Picture for one of the greatest plugins for MediaPortal ever from wich I have reused a couple of util methods (yes, I got approval from fforde). And to team MP for the best Media Center ever;)

Best Regards
    cul8er

Last edited by a moderator:

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

The version 3.0 of the fanart handler plugin is in development. It is a total rebuild of the plugin to make maintenence and stability a lot better. To put it simple "provide a better base for future development". The current version of the plugin was developed alongside the evolution of htbackdrops. The database htbackdrop uses has changed and many of the fix and trixes the v2.x of fanart handler contains was added to support the old htbackdrop database. This is no longer necessary and is just making the plugin over complex. The version 3.0 now has removed all this unnecessary code and will make support and future development of the plugin alot easier.

I will post test builds soon for anyone interested in testing the plugin.

The new version will not require any skin changes. A skin that works with the old v2.x versions will also work with this version.

cheers
    cul8er

Last edited:

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

First Beta version of FanartHandler 3.0.0.000 is now available. Do NOT install this on your production system as it will make big updates to the existing FanartHandler files and database.

Please note that this version will;
    1. Create a ZIP file ("\Skin FanArt\Backup\oldfanart.zip") that contains all your scraped images ("\Skin FanArt\Scraper\music").
    2. Delete all your scraped images ("\Skin FanArt\Scraper\music").
    3. Rename your existing fanarthandler.db3 database to _old and then copy a new database.

So, if you have a test system and want to help me by testing and reporting any issue on this Beta I would be very gratefull.

Download link.

best regards
    cul8er

Last edited:

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

First beta version is now available (see two posts up). Please read the warning before installing because it is not backward compatible with current version of FanartHandler.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Was just a little curious about how things are working for the six people that has downloaded the test version. Any feedback would be appreciated.

cheers
    cul8er

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Works ok, just FA configuration can't be started because it requires MPTV Series plugin and crashes MP Config.

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
      ScreenShot002.jpg
      17.6 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Installed, opened Configuration but Configuration.exe hangs when I try to configure the plugin. Looking at the logs, I see that an import is in progress, so I'll just leave this running for a while to see if it "snaps out of it" when it's finished.

Edit:
    Finished importing but I don't get a GUI for the plugin, Configuration just sits there apparently "out of focus"/Not responding.

Log:
    07-May-2012 12:50:49 Info [ FanartHandlerConfig]: Fanart Handler configuration is starting.
    07-May-2012 12:50:49 Info [ FanartHandlerConfig]: Fanart Handler version is 3.0.0.0
    07-May-2012 12:50:49 Info [ DatabaseManager]: Successfully Opened Database: FanartHandler.db3
    07-May-2012 12:50:49 Info [ DatabaseManager]: Database version is verified: 2.9
    07-May-2012 12:50:49 Info [ FanartHandlerConfig]: Fanart Handler configuration is started.

Also, when running MePo scraping is VERY slow (or does it simply have so much to catch up on?).

Emph

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You needed some feedback, so here is some.

1. Install & Update worked fine (on Test Machine, did not have a lot of FA on it)
    2. Downloads worked well, I have not seen any obvious mismatch yet
    3. New Unknown Artist FA seems to be downloaded - how do you decide for that?
    4. Home Screen (Avallonis) FA for recent music: If I select an Album that has no FA, I get a random FA in the home screen. Should it not be the "Standard" one? Might be Skin issue.

Anything you would like me to test?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom