Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000 (5 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Sorry... don't work.
    :cry::cry::cry:
    Try ...

UPDATE: FanartHandler.Beta.Debug.IV

PS: Check can not, can not access the media portal ...

Attachments

• FanartHandler.Beta.Debug.IV.dll.zip
      397.1 KB
    Last edited:

XMaM

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Asturias
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Try ...

UPDATE: FanartHandler.Beta.Debug.IV

Well... it's better... but not perfect... ;)

If you have two or more fanart images, all is ok. That's in the first log, selecting music. Fanart availability is visible or hidden when you have fanart or not, and image1 and image2 are swapped correctly.

But if you have only one fanart image, image1 and image2 visibility condition are swapped also, but only one of them have the correct fanart. The other image is blank (if before was empty because there was no fanart for the previous selection) or have the fanart image for the previous selection. That's in the second log, selecting videos.

And a suggestion: When you change from one selection with fanart to another selelection without fanart, #fanarthandler.xxxxx.backdropX.selected are empty immediately, so you get a "black" image (no image) in the time you make the transition to an alternative image (when no fanart available). Thus, the transition is... strange? I hope you can understand me.

e.g. (using fade transition): You have selected an item with fanart -> you can see the fanart -> change the selection to an item without fanart -> the background is black immediatly -> the background is fading to an alternative image.

I think it's better retain the previous value for #fanarthandler.xxxxx.backdrop1.selected or #fanarthandler.xxxxx.backdrop2.selected, so the fade transition is from the previous fanart image to the alternative image when no fanart. If i don't remember wrong, before... does this not work this way?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    When you change from one selection with fanart to another selelection without fanart, #fanarthandler.xxxxx.backdropX.selected are empty immediately, so you get a "black" image (no image) in the time you make the transition to an alternative image (when no fanart available). Thus, the transition is... strange? I hope you can understand me.
    This makes the media portal. Maybe he behaves when making the transition from the image to the blank image.

Try ...

Attachments

• FanartHandler.Beta.Debug.V.dll.zip
      390.8 KB

XMaM

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Asturias
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

The problem is the same. When there is only one fanart, image1 and image2 are always swapped and one of them have the image from the previous selection (if any)

This makes the media portal. Maybe he behaves when making the transition from the image to the blank image.

The blank image is because #fanarthandler.xxxxx.backdropX.selected is cleared when you change to a selection without fanart. In this moment, there isn't any suitable image, so the transition is made from no image (the black image) to alternative image, If you retain the previous value (don't empty the property) there is a suitable image, so the image is shown while the animation is performed.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The problem is the same. When there is only one fanart, image1 and image2 are always swapped and one of them have the image from the previous selection (if any)
    I left thinking ... :coffee::)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @XMaM
    Try ... I threw out some more of the old (original) code ...

Attachments

• FanartHandler.Beta.Debug.VI.dll.zip
      390.7 KB

XMaM

Portal Member
    December 15, 2012
    Asturias
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Try ... I threw out some more of the old (original) code ...

This version works better. Now, image1 and image2 refer to the same image when there is only one fanart.
    But this have a collateral effect: usually image1 and image2 are swapped with a fade transition (or any other effect) when one is hidden and the other one is shown (controlled by the visibility of id 91919291 and id 91919292). This transition from one image to the same image has a strange effect. You can see the image disappearing and then showing again.

Can you make visible only the relevant control (id 91919291 or id 91919292) all the time? i.e. don't swap the visibility of the controls if there is only one fanart.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    This version works better. Now, image1 and image2 refer to the same image when there is only one fanart.
    But this have a collateral effect: usually image1 and image2 are swapped with a fade transition (or any other effect) when one is hidden and the other one is shown (controlled by the visibility of id 91919291 and id 91919292). This transition from one image to the same image has a strange effect. You can see the image disappearing and then showing again.
    I removed some more of the old code. If it works, it's good.
    Can you make visible only the relevant control (id 91919291 or id 91919292) all the time? i.e. don't swap the visibility of the controls if there is only one fanart.
    I'll try, but there will be a need to change the whole mechanism of the show. If you come up with something simple will do.

PS: Try Beta VIII

Attachments

• FanartHandler.Beta.Debug.VIII.dll.zip
      390.8 KB
    Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This transition from one image to the same image has a strange effect. You can see the image disappearing and then showing again.
    Well, isn´t it exactly what it should do? Normally FH fades out the first image and then fades in the second one - in your case FH fades the first image and fades in the same image ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom