Fanart setup/configuration (1 Viewer)

Edwardfc

Portal Member
March 21, 2014
Gillingham, Dorset
Home Country
England England
Have a new installation of MP2, and all parts work well - except I do not get any fanart. I understood from description, screen pix and configuration menu that the fanart mechanism is inbuilt, rather than needing a plugin. I have not altered any fanart settings in MP2 configuration menu. (I have also resorted to a complete reinstallation of MP2 to ensure I haven't altered the wrong settings.)

Please can you give me any pointers as to what is missing or that I am not taking into account. Having come from MP1.22 (and getting some issues there!) where the fanart plugin was relatively straightforward, I confess to being a bit mystified.

Would appreciate any help to unravel the mystery! Thanks.

Edwardfc

Portal Member
March 21, 2014
Gillingham, Dorset
Home Country
England England
Sorry about the heading of this category - should be "Fanart setup/configuration".

My idiotic tablet changed the word - I had already changed one instance!

Edwardfc

Portal Member
March 21, 2014
Gillingham, Dorset
Home Country
England England
I understand that I need to activate Fanart in settings, but all I can see in the fanart settings are a list of options regarding "maximum number ...." for various categories, all of which have at least a '1' or more. I did not want to increase these unless I could at those to work. Sadly, for whatever reason, I do not identify a way to 'activate' fanart. Sorry to sound thick, but,to use an expression, the penny isn't dropping. I do appreciate you help, thank you.

P.S. thanks for changing the header.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you set up media shares (libraries)? Are you using them in library view mode?

Last edited:

Edwardfc

Portal Member
    March 21, 2014
    Gillingham, Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    Yes, set up media shares in Media Sources Configuration. All media is 'imported' - am playing music now. And yes, playing music in 'library view' - gives me folders/albums, from which I chose the first track, and they all play as expected.

Edwardfc

Portal Member
    March 21, 2014
    Gillingham, Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    Just to add: just realised that I am actually in 'Folder View' (that I have just described) and not 'Library View' that lists the music by artists. Does that make a difference?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, it does. Please switch to Library to get FanArt.

Library View allows you to display your files in any way you want. Configure it in the context menu with ‘Filter’.

Last edited:

Edwardfc

Portal Member
    March 21, 2014
    Gillingham, Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    Appreciate your comment - however, Library View doesn't work for me. In Folder view, I have a logical order: Type of Music/Album/tracks (e.g., Classical Composers B/ (list of 51 albums) / each album's tracks , or Pop Artists/ (list of 45 Albums [Adele … Natalie Cole … Tom Jones] / each album's tracks).

All I seem to get in Library View is a muddled and mixed list that is not helpful to me. I have tried several (if not all options of Filter/Sorting. Anyway even as I have struggled with this, I only get a folder.jpg view on the right side (with the list on the left) (- so that is the offline fanart?) but nothing more than that - no online fanart downloading.

Your help is appreciated, but what to do....?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Library View allows you to define your display separately for each logical level. For example Music:

Level 1: Artist
    Level 2: Album and Track
    Level 3: Show all

For each level you can set the view, eg list, Raster or cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom