FAO anyone with standby/hibernation problems in Win7 (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
I have been tearing my hair out with a standby issue ive been having since updating to Win7 where waking MP from sleep/hibernation was only working intermittently. Half the time, when resuming from S3/S4 mode my fans etc would fire up on my server, but it appeared as though the system wasnt actually waking up properly because i would get a blank screen on my monitor... hence MP wouldnt wake up to record set programmes/grab EPG. Other times the system would fire up, but MP would be frozen or would have crashed.

Initially i thought it was an MP issue and i started various threads about it:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eeze-crash-resume-standby-hibernation-100458/

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...standby-causes-mediaportal-hang-crash-100746/

...but after doing LOTS of digging around and messing with my power settings im 99% sure that its a system error rather than MP. So for anyone with similar issues, please see the following forum, and many others like it via google...

Windows 7 sleep mode doesn't work

To sum up, it seems as though the hibernation/standby problems are caused by win7's determination to be as green as possible by powering down all of the onboard components when entering standby. To solve the issue you can try firstly updating your BIOS to the latest version, but more likely its one of your peripherals (gfx card, wireless LAN card, TV card, USB devices etc) that are being switched off when going into S3 and are unable to re-initialise when waking. To solve this, go to device manager and go to every peripheral (one by one) that has a power management option and tell Win7 not to power down that particular divice when going into standby.

Hope this helps.

MediaPortal Version: MP1.2
MediaPortal Skin: Avalon
Windows Version: Win7 + SP1
CPU Type: AMD AM2 X2 4600+
HDD: 2 x Samsung F1 2Tb
Memory: Corsair 4Gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte nForce 430 Micro ATX
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4670
Sound Card: On board 7.1
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T