FAQ, Aeon&Aeon Menu generator (1 Viewer)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
No need to apologize, I know everybody is just happy someone is doing the task :) It's a lot of work keeping up with all the files, but I don't really update anymore. I only use a few plugins, and those have been covered for a looong time.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Darre,

Something you might want to add is that when you enter the multiimage directory, you ONLY need to enter the name of the folder containing the images. I've seen a good number of users tripped by using the full path to the folder. It should be "tv", not "c:\program files\team mediaportal...\tv". I'm sure you know what I'm getting at here.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
hey mate...is it
settings.xml = settings
myplugins.xml = my plugins
??

Sorry forgot to answer you :(

The first one is correct. The second one, I don't think you can open that one from basic home, but I haven't tried it tho. If anyone has, please let us know how it worked =)

Darre,

Something you might want to add is that when you enter the multiimage directory, you ONLY need to enter the name of the folder containing the images. I've seen a good number of users tripped by using the full path to the folder. It should be "tv", not "c:\program files\team mediaportal...\tv". I'm sure you know what I'm getting at here.

Thx, added now =)

Also did some coloring to make it easier to seperate Q's and A's.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Maybe also include mytvhomeserver.xml for people using TVServer - that is in stead of mytvhome.xml.

Other suggestion: numbering the questions will make it easy for users to reference it.

Thanks for the great work!!

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Managed to get the basics done Weather, Plugins, Deleting Settings, TV etc through Aeon editor but need help with the following
    Want to add a new button on Home called Foreign (WAF requirement) in this window i need to add options for movies and tv shows. Basically same setup as current Movies functionality. I have added the button to the home screen but completely lost from here on how to add sub options and currently selecting this option just goes back to home.
    process so far: loaded Home.xml added button foreign and used movies as folder. Where to from here?
    p.s Aeon Wide honestly the best thing thats ever happened to MP, huge respect to all of you guys for the best looking setup i've seen.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is this bug in mantis?
    "Q: The menu dissappears when I move my mouse, what can I do?"

or is it an aeon problem? - have never seen this on / at other skins

Velden

November 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tips to install Aeon v1.3 on MediaPortal 1(RC3).

When I installed the superb skin Aeon v1.3 on MP1(RC3) for the first time, it was a real struggle to solve problems.
    All the information is seperated in different forum posts.

It might be a good an idea to add more items to the FAQ (alltough some "problems" are skin and MP version specific). For example:

Q. How do I get the nice fonts as seen in the screens?
    A. You need to install the font "Bell Gothic Bold BT" in the Windows Font folder. This font is for
    free and can be downloaded form many websites. Unfortunately the download page of the skin
    forgot the mention "BT" in in fontname, so don't be confused by this.

Q. I can only see a grey background screen at the start of MediaPortal.
    A. Enable "start with basic home screen" in the generals tab in MediaPortal Configuration.
    (see also: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/aeon-274/aeon-wide-1366x768-40402/index107.html#post331442)

Q. Aeon v1.3 only shows a grey background in the "wheather" and "plugins" sections.
    A. Install the updated xml files, you can find them on https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/aeon-274/aeon-wide-1366x768-40402/index103.html#post328453

Q. I have an Outdated Skin Error at MediaPortal's startup. Is there any way to turn this off?
    A. See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/0-2-0-0-final-svn-builds-77/outdated-skin-error-annoying-23928/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom