[solved] Fastforwarding / Skipping in 'some' recorded TS files not working (1 Viewer)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Have had this problem occur occasionally in MP 1.6 and just had it again tonight in 1.7.

Basically, when viewing a recording in Moving pictures, or through My Videos, if you fast fword or Skip ahead the playback suddenly stops. As you are choosing the skip interval the time display bar shows the correct length for the recording etc ... but the playback just stops. Meanwhile other recordings do play ... it just seems intermittent.

Playing the affected ts files in Windows Media player, they play OK.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

I'll get straight to the point: why are you using the LAV splitter instead of TsReader for splitting your TS files?

In case it isn't clear, MP is using your video codec settings - including splitter settings - for both videos (eg. MKV, MP4) and TV (live and recorded - TS files). Normally MP would use separate settings for TS file playback. This is the default because it enables use of TsReader for TS files and any other preferred splitter such as LAV for other video.

Basically my recommendation would be to untick that "use video codecs when playing .ts files (TV Codecs will be used if unchecked)" option. TsReader is a dedicated purpose built TS splitter. It is going to do a better job with TS files than LAV in almost all cases, especially because it is developed by MP for MP TV.

mm

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

I'll get straight to the point: why are you using the LAV splitter instead of TsReader for splitting your TS files?

In case it isn't clear, MP is using your video codec settings - including splitter settings - for both videos (eg. MKV, MP4) and TV (live and recorded - TS files). Normally MP would use separate settings for TS file playback. This is the default because it enables use of TsReader for TS files and any other preferred splitter such as LAV for other video.

Basically my recommendation would be to untick that "use video codecs when playing .ts files (TV Codecs will be used if unchecked)" option. TsReader is a dedicated purpose built TS splitter. It is going to do a better job with TS files than LAV in almost all cases, especially because it is developed by MP for MP TV.

mm
    Cool thanks for the quick reply.

I'll give that a go and see how it behaves.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom