FastFoward -> Play (1 Viewer)

Florp

Portal Member
December 19, 2005
When watching DVDs the fast-forward/-reverse are nice, but I'd like to be able to hit the "Play" key to instantly return to 1x speed. Instead, since the "Play" key is actually "Play/Pause", it pauses the movies, then hitting it again goes back to fast-forward.

Is there a key that will instantly jump from fast-forward (any speed) back to normal play?

Thanks!

Roberdin

Portal Pro
December 26, 2005
London, United Kingdom
TBH, the existing setup is not natural functionality at all IMHO. When fast-forwarding, you should should not have to "rewind" to return to normal speed. The natural presumption of the rewind key is that it rewinds, not reduces the play speed.

Reconfiguring the play/pause button to return to normal play during fast-forward or rewind would be an adequate solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the ability to speed up replay with sound!
Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the...
Sorry to ask a question again that I can see has been asked before, but I just cannot find an answer and so many of thew wiki links...
Replies
Views
update: found a few odd occasions when 5000 didnt work, 6000 displayed a different symptom, that when skipping to live, it would play along for sometimes quite a while.. say 30 seconds and then stop. maybe a few skipped frames brought it too close to the end. set to 7000 now. Doesnt really matter, even 7000 is only 3 or so sec...
update: found a few odd occasions when 5000 didnt work, 6000 displayed a different symptom, that when skipping to live, it would...
Hi, I have set up Mediaportal to take a video/stream from a webpage, and feed that in as a UDP DVBIP channel, - basically OBS...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
This problem seems solved in my htpc since I unchecked "stop playback on removal audio". I precise that "Use workaround FCU blackscreen fix" is enable too. Thanks (y)
This problem seems solved in my htpc since I unchecked "stop playback on removal audio". I precise that "Use workaround FCU...
Hi There, So I have a strange problem since a while, when trying to play a video (pressing play), the screen very shortly goes...
Replies
Views
The slider in TV is not clickable by mouse yet, so at the moment timeshift works only with keyboard/remote. I think it can be implemented, but due to limited resources it won't have higher priority at the moment. You could add it as feature request in the corresponding section and if you're lucky a dev picks it up as it seems not too...
The slider in TV is not clickable by mouse yet, so at the moment timeshift works only with keyboard/remote. I think it can be...
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.1 Description The rewind function no matter how initiated through keyboard or mouse, does not function...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom