Favorite Actor view (1 Viewer)

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
Hi guzzi,

I did some quick tests on the test version by creating a new categorie "My actors" and 3 or 4 names separate by a coma in the Default value field.
it works well, even with only a the name or a partial name (IN LIKE :))
when I select an actor to see the list of his films it still ok
but when I push the escape button to return to the list of "My actors" I have the list of all actors of the film that it was previously highlighted :(

another question with default skin when I have the picture of an actor only the small icon is displayed, not the cover place.
Is it a skin problem or a configuration problem ?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Favorite Actor view

Hi guzzi,

I did some quick tests on the test version by creating a new categorie "My actors" and 3 or 4 names separate by a coma in the Default value field.
    it works well, even with only a the name or a partial name (IN LIKE :))
    when I select an actor to see the list of his films it still ok
    but when I push the escape button to return to the list of "My actors" I have the list of all actors of the film that it was previously highlighted :(
    That's a navigation problem - that actor stuff is still in progress. It should return to former view of course... but does currently return to films actors/persons /that's another view available via context menu of the movie).

another question with default skin when I have the picture of an actor only the small icon is displayed, not the cover place.
    Is it a skin problem or a configuration problem ?
    I would assume it's a config problem - you have to point the person image directory to the directory where you've stored your actor images. iirc, with current default setup, actor thumbs are not enabled - so check the artwork tab and enable it there to get it in the skin.

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: Re: Favorite Actor view

That's a navigation problem - that actor stuff is still in progress. It should return to former view of course... but does currently return to films actors/persons /that's another view available via context menu of the movie).
    Don't worry It was just a test report
    I would assume it's a config problem - you have to point the person image directory to the directory where you've stored your actor images. iirc, with current default setup, actor thumbs are not enabled - so check the artwork tab and enable it there to get it in the skin.
    I already activate it but in fact I see briefly the actor picture when I push enter on it, just before to see the cover of the 1st film of the list.

with the test version my groupviews are not displayed anymore (worked before)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Favorite Actor view

Don't worry It was just a test report
    I already activate it but in fact I see briefly the actor picture when I push enter on it, just before to see the cover of the 1st film of the list.

with the test version my groupviews are not displayed anymore (worked before)
    There are some minor, but important changes to skin files for image visibility - and those are not yet included in default skins (as it is not yet clear, if it will make it into next release) - I assume that is the source of both of the visibility problems...

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    I did my last tests with the new Avalon skin and all viewing problems are gone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom