Feature: Automatically rename episodes (1 Viewer)

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    I have the following idea/request:
    Could it be possible to rename episodes/files based on prefernces, additionally move them to another location and import to database?

Background is:
    I am recording a lot from TV, but the epg data do not contain Series and episode information (like numbers etc).
    So I ususally move the files to the desired location, import the episodes manually, into database, looking at the recodings xml file for the title information.

I think this could be a nice feature, what do you guys think?

cheers
    joystick

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know tvrename, the point is you still have to scan your drive, check for right episode etc.
    You see, I cannot find out the episode based op the filename, because there is no relating epg data provided for season or episode.
    The program actually needs to look at the created xml file of the recording and then do the filename change....

cheers

jostick

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Re-import Files DE
    What you describe is how I do it (extremely rare, because it works 99.99% of the time), so no idea what is going wrong for you. That is also why there are the skip once, and skip always options, which you can correct manually after the fact when editing. Escape for me within MP-TVSeries works fine inside GUI, and easy to test new...
    What you describe is how I do it (extremely rare, because it works 99.99% of the time), so no idea what is going wrong for you...
    When TVSeries does not recognize a file on import while I am in Mediaportal a window will pop up asking to match or skip the file...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom