Feature Request - Add movie title to white list filter from MP UI (1 Viewer)

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It would be really cool to be able to add / remove a movie to a whitelist filter via the skin. As it stands today, I have to start the MovPic Configuration utility and drill down into the whitelist filter every time I want to add a movie to my "Kids Movies" menu item custom filter.

Maybe make something available under the F9.Actions menu for a selected movie - like "Add Title To Menu White List Filter", then display a list of menu items to select?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The way I solved it was to create a main 'kids' menu, and have custom sub menus inside of it. Using a combination of certification+genre it is possible to auto add movies without constantly having to take manual actions such as white listing, while still having a large degree of control as to what movies the 'kids' have access to.

Granted I am only dealing with one, as it gets harder to manage when you have multiple, especially when there is a large age gap between them.

To allow for manual control without using MovPic config, I have setup additional custom categories that look at "Full Path", and look for certain strings that I can add before importing, during, or afterwards. ES File explorer on all my Android devices makes that an easy task to do, as well as other Windows desktops in my home. My existing folder structure is 'genre' based already, so instead of creating a seperate folder for the 'kid' in question, I just add a prefix to the filenames that I added to the MovPic noise filter to ignore. Existing movies do not need to be reimported, because the "Full Path" filter is done upon playback.

Another complicated workaround I have in place is a multi-user GUI based access system, and that is by abusing the rating system. If you never really grade movies a certain rating, then you can reserve those ratings for a real-time filter system that can be controlled via GUI. This only works if you do not share ratings with your friends via cloud based means, such as Trakt (since Follw.it will be gone soon), or you do not care if they get confused by your weird ratings :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom