Feature Request: Automatically renaming of movie folder and file names (1 Viewer)

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi togehther,

is there a possibility to automatically rename new movies while import process in moving pictures.

1. Copy new movie in global movie folder
2. MPic detects new content
3. MPic Movie Scraper can not match new movie > do nothing
3. MPic Movie Scraper can match new movie > rename folder, rename movie, scrape movie information, import in database
4. Result: movie folder renamed, movie file renamed, information scraped, movie can be watched in MP

@ fforde: Would be great if you put this on the Moving Pictures road map!
Thanks!

BR
JuRo

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Advanced Settings -> Extras -> File Renaming
    But you gotta highlight all the movies then select rename file/folder.
    If you want to setup schedule to run one of the 3rd party renaming programs available in the forum.

Last edited:

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanks for reply. I know about this option. But I asked for an automaticcally way.

Rename file folder is only possible when you close MP, start the configuration, start MPic, select moviews press rename button.

To many manually steps and probably a nice feature request. In my mind this shouldn't be a big thing because configuration is already possible via advanced settings. Just a little Buttion in the gui and the trigger to automatically rename files and folders.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are lots of programs that will monitor a directory, detect new movies being downloaded / moved there, then they scape the movie title and automatically rename the file and create a folder/move the file into the appropriate directory. After that happens moving pictures will automatically add to your database. This can all be done automatically without any user intervention

Last edited:

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    e.g.?

Why using another programm when 90% is still there? I will ask the developper for a feature request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom