Feature Request - Conflict Manager

Discussion in 'other features (of release or svn versions)' started by nswellman, October 14, 2011.

1. nswellman

nswellman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It looks like this feature used to be included in previous versions of Media Portal, but it seems that it wasn't very good at managing recording time conflicts. I am not a programmer so I have no idea how this would be implemented, but I have used other PVR software, like the now extinct GBPVR, where this feature was included. I only have a single tuner, so for me, all it would need to do is check to see if I have recordings scheduled to happen at the same time on the same tuner, and let me know. Probably the best way to let me know, other than looking at the TV guide, would be on the main TV menu, to have an item called Conflicts, that would change color when MePo has detected conflicts. By selecting the "Conflicts" menu item, I would be taken to the conflict manager which would then show me what the conflict was and give me options for resolving it. Also, if I am actively trying to schedule a new recording and MePo detects a conflict, it should notify me before it allows me to schedule the current recording. Any thoughts? Is this already present and I am missing it? Any plans to implement it later? Thanks for your consideration.

Nick

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
    Windows Version: Windows 7, 32 Bit
    CPU Type: Dell Dimension 4600
    HDD: Seagate Baracuda 500GB
    Memory: 3 GB DDR PC3200
    Motherboard: Dell Factory installed
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
    Video Card Driver: 8.17.12.5896
    Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Sound Card AC3: No AC3
    Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.7010
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1600
    1. TV Card Type: ATSC/Analog
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: AFN Satellite
    HTPC Case: Dell Dimension 4600
    Cooling: Standard
    Power Supply: Standard
    Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button
    TV: Samsung RNL269D
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI(PC) to HDMI(TV)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nswellman

nswellman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So, I take it that I am the only one who feels this would be a good addition to the next version then? Surely someone else out there must see the value in an app that would help manage recording conflicts... Anyone????

4. Paranoid Delusion
    • Premium Supporter

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Trying to figure out why conflicts on your setup are happening, is this in relation to both atsc and analogue or just atsc.

Sadly cannot be more helpful as use 4TheRecord to do my conflict management (2 dvb-t tuners) and if I press record on a non available transponder, then exclamation mark is shown straight away.

5. jameson_uk
    • Premium Supporter

jameson_uk Retired Team Member

Data Warehousing Consultant
    Ratings:
    +2,405 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
  6. nswellman

nswellman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, I know it has been a while, but jameson_uk, thank you for letting me know about this bug. It seems that this is the case, as I have never received a notice that I am scheduling something to record at the same time as another recording. So my next question is, does anyone know if this is being worked on for a future release, such as 1.3, or 2.0? Even better, is a more comprehensive conflict manager, such as the one suggested above going to be included? Should I be asking this elsewhere? Let me know if you have any insight into this issue.

Thanks

7. jameson_uk
    • Premium Supporter

jameson_uk Retired Team Member

Data Warehousing Consultant
    Ratings:
    +2,405 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    It is unscheduled at the minute. unfortunately this is dependent on a dev picking this up our a user submitting a fix. This area of the code is pretty involved so there are not to many devs to pick this up.

8. nswellman

nswellman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So since this issue is unscheduled, is there a better place for me to beg and grovel for a developer to pick it up? I thought that this might be the best place to post it, but it doesn't seem to get much attention. This issue is very disappointing, as I have had many recordings recently just get bypassed due to conflicts in the schedule. I find myself trying to go in manually to fix them, but it seems like I miss them all over. Should I start asking for this to be worked on in v2, or is it possible to get someone to look into it for a 1.3.x update? Thanks for any advice or insight.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!