Feature Request - Conflict Manager (1 Viewer)

nswellman

Portal Member
February 6, 2011
It looks like this feature used to be included in previous versions of Media Portal, but it seems that it wasn't very good at managing recording time conflicts. I am not a programmer so I have no idea how this would be implemented, but I have used other PVR software, like the now extinct GBPVR, where this feature was included. I only have a single tuner, so for me, all it would need to do is check to see if I have recordings scheduled to happen at the same time on the same tuner, and let me know. Probably the best way to let me know, other than looking at the TV guide, would be on the main TV menu, to have an item called Conflicts, that would change color when MePo has detected conflicts. By selecting the "Conflicts" menu item, I would be taken to the conflict manager which would then show me what the conflict was and give me options for resolving it. Also, if I am actively trying to schedule a new recording and MePo detects a conflict, it should notify me before it allows me to schedule the current recording. Any thoughts? Is this already present and I am missing it? Any plans to implement it later? Thanks for your consideration.

Nick

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
Windows Version: Windows 7, 32 Bit
CPU Type: Dell Dimension 4600
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 500GB
Memory: 3 GB DDR PC3200
Motherboard: Dell Factory installed
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: 8.17.12.5896
Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Sound Card AC3: No AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.7010
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1600
1. TV Card Type: ATSC/Analog
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: AFN Satellite
HTPC Case: Dell Dimension 4600
Cooling: Standard
Power Supply: Standard
Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button
TV: Samsung RNL269D
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI(PC) to HDMI(TV)

nswellman

Portal Member
February 6, 2011
So, I take it that I am the only one who feels this would be a good addition to the next version then? Surely someone else out there must see the value in an app that would help manage recording conflicts... Anyone????

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Trying to figure out why conflicts on your setup are happening, is this in relation to both atsc and analogue or just atsc.

Sadly cannot be more helpful as use 4TheRecord to do my conflict management (2 dvb-t tuners) and if I press record on a non available transponder, then exclamation mark is shown straight away.

nswellman

Portal Member
    February 6, 2011
    Well, I know it has been a while, but jameson_uk, thank you for letting me know about this bug. It seems that this is the case, as I have never received a notice that I am scheduling something to record at the same time as another recording. So my next question is, does anyone know if this is being worked on for a future release, such as 1.3, or 2.0? Even better, is a more comprehensive conflict manager, such as the one suggested above going to be included? Should I be asking this elsewhere? Let me know if you have any insight into this issue.

Thanks

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well, I know it has been a while, but jameson_uk, thank you for letting me know about this bug. It seems that this is the case, as I have never received a notice that I am scheduling something to record at the same time as another recording. So my next question is, does anyone know if this is being worked on for a future release, such as 1.3, or 2.0? Even better, is a more comprehensive conflict manager, such as the one suggested above going to be included? Should I be asking this elsewhere? Let me know if you have any insight into this issue.

Thanks
    It is unscheduled at the minute. unfortunately this is dependent on a dev picking this up our a user submitting a fix. This area of the code is pretty involved so there are not to many devs to pick this up.

nswellman

Portal Member
    February 6, 2011
    So since this issue is unscheduled, is there a better place for me to beg and grovel for a developer to pick it up? I thought that this might be the best place to post it, but it doesn't seem to get much attention. This issue is very disappointing, as I have had many recordings recently just get bypassed due to conflicts in the schedule. I find myself trying to go in manually to fix them, but it seems like I miss them all over. Should I start asking for this to be worked on in v2, or is it possible to get someone to look into it for a 1.3.x update? Thanks for any advice or insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom