Feature Request - CouchPotato & Sick Beard notification integration (1 Viewer)

Msidney

Portal Member
April 15, 2010
Home Country
MP-TVSeries and (maybe) Moving Pictures automatically add new content so there is no problem actually.
UPD: And couchpotato and sickbeard functionality could be replaced by mp plugins like MP NZB since it could i.e. search missing episodesw for a tv show. So notification could be done natively thru GUIDialogNotify in this case.
The problem I have with the "automatic" import at the moment is a) the time it takes to realise there is a new episode and b) the fact that it seems to want to try and do a full update which takes a long time.
It would be nice to be able to tell the library to update a single episode or movie.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    As for me if you copy file to mptv-series waching folder it takes about 1 sec to see new file and not so long to download updated info. You should understand that new ep added requires downloading new ifno from tvdb (they storing series info in one lagre zip archive) and downloading new artwork. I don't think it requires full update. Anyway you always can see what ifo is recieving by logs or thru network monitor. I hope Damien or someoone else from mp-tvseries team could clarify this.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    MP-TVSeries and (maybe) Moving Pictures automatically add new content so there is no problem actually.
    UPD: And couchpotato and sickbeard functionality could be replaced by mp plugins like MP NZB since it could i.e. search missing episodesw for a tv show. So notification could be done natively thru GUIDialogNotify in this case.
    I have >3500 movies and 25000 TV episodes across 400 TV shows. MP-TVSeries takes about 30 minutes to go through the entire collection at startup, checking for perhaps 2 or 3 new shows. Then it does it all again a few hours or minutes later if a show arrives. It's insane. It's doing millions of unnecessary I/Os. You only have to enable full logging to verify that this is happening.

To have an app push notifications when a new show arrives, in such a way that allows MP-TVSeries etc. to act only on those new episodes, would reduce traffic, cpu, and bandwidth across all my systems.

Sure, I have a large collection, but nobody's is getting any smaller and the current sledgehammer approach can't be sustained.

As for notification windows, it doesn't HAVE to be MP that notifies you - Growl could easily be used as I have it set up and it works fine. Once Growl notifies me, I then wait for MP to finish doing it's search (about 15 mins) before it shows up. And I believe there's also the MovieTime(?) plugin that pops up to say that it's updated local movie listings, so there's already a plugin that can do pop-ups.

Last edited:

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Do you guys know if there is an application that allows you to monitor/add to your sick beard queue through media portal. It would be great if it integrated with mytvseries.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom