Feature request: Dolby Digital logo (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Frankly I think those "dots" are really ugly. But getting the no. of channels is no problem with the library linked above. So I guess it will be possible.

I'm thinking for most users it's best to simply have a generic surround sound logo if more than 5 channels are present, and maybe display a stereo symbol otherwise.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Could this media library be used to grab info on movie resolution/framerate as well? I imagine uses for switching my desktop to an optimal resolution/refreshrate from the source parameters.

-k

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could this media library be used to grab info on movie resolution/framerate as well? I imagine uses for switching my desktop to an optimal resolution/refreshrate from the source parameters.

-k

I use the GUI version on my desktop PC for checking stuff out, here's an example of one of my DVD's I ripped; and the output you can get from MediaInfo:

Code:
    General #0
    Complete name        : Gladiator.avi
    Format               : AVI
    Format/Info          : Audio Video Interleave
    Format/Family        : RIFF
    File size            : 1.37 GiB
    PlayTime             : 2h 43mn
    Bit rate             : 1187 Kbps
    Writing application  : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 (build 2366/release)
    Writing library      : VirtualDubMod build 2366/release

Video #0
    Codec                : DivX 5
    Codec/Family         : MPEG-4
    Codec settings/BVOP  : Yes
    Codec settings/QPel  : No
    Codec settings/GMC   : 0
    Codec settings/Matri : Default
    Bit rate             : 790 Kbps
    Width                : 572 pixels
    Height               : 238 pixels
    Aspect ratio         : 2.35
    Frame rate           : 25.000 fps
    Resolution           : 8 bits
    Chroma               : 4:2:0
    Interlacement        : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)   : 0.232
    Writing library      : XviD0037

Audio #0
    Codec                : AC3
    Bit rate             : 384 Kbps
    Bit rate mode        : CBR
    Channel(s)           : 6 channels
    Sampling rate        : 48 KHz
    ChannelPositions     : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, Subwoofer

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is so great news! I just posted this in a hurry yesterday and I got all these positive responses. Very nice job to find out how to do this so quickly Inker. I hope you manage to get the time. :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Well, I managed to integrade the library and have it read out data that is stored in the db. I still have to think about the configuration part though and how to make this flexible enough to display any combination of logos.

I can't debug this thing because of this, thats why its taking longer than it should. But not too long.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Just popping in to say that I haven't forgot this and in fact its pretty much implemented. Just need to work out some quirks here and there and add the actual output to the skins' xmls, but it's basically working.
    You can use any of the Tags that are available for an Episode. For instance you could display a logo depending on the network the series airs own. Or you can display a surround sound logo depending on the number of audio channels. The plugin will now read out many usefull additions fields from your actual videoFiles. These fields can of course also be used simply as output eg. in the description field, so you could display technical details about the file after the tagline or whatever.

Little teaser (Ignore the logoQuali, they are just hte first things I've found) :)
    41880304gx4.jpg

40771862bz2.jpg

57803289cd0.jpg

Keep in mind that you will be required to provide your own logo Image files.
    More info over the course of the weekend.

EDIT: What the hell is up with Imageshack? hotlinking disabled for this domain? WTF!?

lampie

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    SWEET!!! Awesome work there inker. Is this info also accessible when i press my i(info) button on the remote, so it displays this on the screen? That way we can clearly see all the data extracted.

Maye its also handy to make an option to display the technical data first (before or after) the episoe summary?

Just an idea :)

GREAT WORK on the best MP plugin ever!!!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    You can define those field like any other field, so yes you can display all that info before the episode summary. If you mean by the i button the OSD during video playback, I don't think thats configurable yet, I think this will always display the episode summary only.

PS: can you see the images?

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey Inker.
    This is a great idea, so following it closely.

And I can see the pictures :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom