Feature Request for MP1.18 PRE - granular control of "Stop Playback on removal of audio renderer" (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Maybe a vacuum cleaner would help?
    I reckon its Vista taking its last dying breath.;)
    I do make a point of vacuuming my machines every few months,
    I eventually got around to opening up my HTPC and vacuuming inside (first time since purchasing it in 2008 :eek:). There was dust present, but not in excessive amounts. However, only the outlet side of the box-like CPU heatsink was visible. The inlet side was obstructed by the fan, and the other three sides were covered by a non-removable plastic shroud (to direct the airflow, I guess).

After vacillating, I decided to break the thermal link between the CPU and the heatsink, and remove the heatsink completely in order to access the inlet side. This was definitely worth doing, as approximately 25% of the inlet fins were obstructed with dust. A good vacuuming fixed that.

Refixing the heatsink was more problematic than it should have been, as it seemed slightly misaligned, and required some force to position the fixing bolts so that they would engage. Before refixing, I cleaned the CPU and heatsink and used fresh thermal paste.

Prior to this, I had used "Open Hardware Monitor" to monitor the CPU temperatures. They were typically in the mid thirties Celsius, but accompanied by the noisy fans occasionally. After the cleaning, the temperatures are still in the mid thirties, but there have been no noisy fans in the two weeks since cleaning. Success! :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    1 [Pending] Feature Request: TV-Recording - more intelligence - like WMC please Feature Requests 9
    ltfearme Feature request: Parental Guide IMDb+ 17
    TLD Windows 10 1903 feature update General Support 3
    D Enhance "wake on lan" feature (on demand, not on start) Feature Requests 6
    el Filou Is Windows Media Player still needed on Windows 10 ? MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    morpheus_xx [Finished] [MP2-779] "Zap back" feature MediaPortal 2 24
    Lehmden Core Ideas about TVE feature developments TV Engine 8
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    C Hauppauge HVR-1265 -- does it work with MP1? MediaPortal 1 Talk 1
    ajs MP2Web - MP1 compatibility MediaPortal 1 20
    T MadVR + LAV Filters, Perfect in MPC-BE, Bad in MP1 MediaPortal 1 Talk 13
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    framug [solved] Some changes/fix in MP1 configuration client and server Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) 14
    S TV-Server MP1 - Automatic search doesn't work Installation, configuration support 2
    C Streaming/transcoding MP2 vs MP1? General 4
    ajs [fixed] 5015: Improving the MP1 installer, providing nicer GUI :) MediaPortal 1 138
    C Streaming to clients over Wifi. MP1 or MP2? Newcomers Forum 0
    S Shortcuts MP1 My Recorded & TV Guide General 10
    azzuro [WiP] MP1-4999 - Big changes with many related change at once by Sebastiii MediaPortal 1 12
    ajs [Help Us!] MP1 X64 Version MediaPortal 1 20
    joecrow How about a Launcher plugin for MP1? MediaPortal 1 6
    wizard123 [solved] MP1 Build help MediaPortal 1 21
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.24 Released! News and Announcements 3
    CyberSimian [fixed] MP1-4990 : Improve horizontal scrolling in the EPG MediaPortal 1 10
    azzuro [WiP] MP1-5019: Replace MySQL with MariaDB MediaPortal 1 40