Feature Request for MP1.18 PRE - granular control of "Stop Playback on removal of audio renderer" | Page 3

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by JimCatMP, July 27, 2017.

1. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +899 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I eventually got around to opening up my HTPC and vacuuming inside (first time since purchasing it in 2008 :eek:). There was dust present, but not in excessive amounts. However, only the outlet side of the box-like CPU heatsink was visible. The inlet side was obstructed by the fan, and the other three sides were covered by a non-removable plastic shroud (to direct the airflow, I guess).

After vacillating, I decided to break the thermal link between the CPU and the heatsink, and remove the heatsink completely in order to access the inlet side. This was definitely worth doing, as approximately 25% of the inlet fins were obstructed with dust. A good vacuuming fixed that.

Refixing the heatsink was more problematic than it should have been, as it seemed slightly misaligned, and required some force to position the fixing bolts so that they would engage. Before refixing, I cleaned the CPU and heatsink and used fresh thermal paste.

Prior to this, I had used "Open Hardware Monitor" to monitor the CPU temperatures. They were typically in the mid thirties Celsius, but accompanied by the noisy fans occasionally. After the cleaning, the temperatures are still in the mid thirties, but there have been no noisy fans in the two weeks since cleaning. Success! :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Last edited: November 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!