Feature request / idea: fading out basichome menu and showing backdrop slideshow only

Discussion in 'Titanius' started by red_zebra, March 28, 2014.

1. red_zebra

red_zebra Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hello @powermarcel10 ,

It quite often happens that I run MP a while only in basichome menu - you know, having guests, switching on MP, but then making conversation and chatting about this and that. This sometimes leads to a quite interesting situation: the "backdrop slideshow" (i.e. the changing movie/tv series backdrops in basichome menu) emerges discussions about movies or even a kind of a "movie quiz" (which backdrop is this?). So recently I thought about another cool feature of Titanius: I would love to see the whole basichome menu panel "fading out" after e.g. 30-40 seconds and just keeping the backdrop with weather and RSS feed on the screen (something like a backdrop screensaver feature). Then, after the first key press the menu would fade in again. Would it be possible to implement such a feature or is the .xml-structure too static for something like this?

• Like Like x 5
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. powermarcel10
    • Premium Supporter

powermarcel10 Retired Team Member

Callcenter Agent
    Ratings:
    +1,028 / 4
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!