Feature Request: Parse Episode based on aired date (1 Viewer)

alteeffour

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I think this plugin is great, it's the reason I haven't even tried other media centers, but there is one thing I'd like to see.

Files for shows like Colbert Report and the Daily Show have the show name and then the date. (the.daily.show.02.08.07.dsr.xvid-crimson.[VTV].avi)

Is there anyway that the database could be queried for date aired and then get the episode number?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi,

this was discussed before. Unfortunatly it really is something both the backend and the plugin have to support in order for it to be of any use. And even then....I can see this very error prone.

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2006
    So, I was looking at my local database of shows, and since I have checked download episode info for whole series my local database already has the air dates for all of the episodes of colbert report. Wouldn't it be possible to make some sort of special dated series parser that matches against the local DB instead of the online one? I wouldn't have a problem with marking all of my dated shows and creating separate regexs for each one. Also, I don't have a problem with different date formats, as I download all my shows from the tvrss feed, which has a consistent format.

If it is not possible to include this in the plugin, does anyone know of some way to automatically rename my files so that mptvseries can parse them? This is the last feature I really want, I hate having to go to my videos to load up any of my dated shows.

EDIT: Another idea, is it possible for me to have unparsed series? Like, just show the raw filenames like My Videos does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom