Feature Request: Remote Database and/or Movie List Export (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibby

Portal Member
January 30, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Where does the downloaded .dll go?

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It is a process plugin.

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\

-LRFalk01

Intycast

Portal Pro
March 18, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
LRFalk01

I tested your Plugin and it works very good. I received a "XLM-File", but I have problems with the "XLS-File".

The Movielist on your Homepage looks very fine. Can you please upload the nesasary files to have the same result?

Thank you very mutch! :D

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Ok let me try this again. Just follow everything exactly here, and you shouldn't have a problem.

1. Download movingpicturesxml - Google Code .
2. Install this .dll to: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\
3. Open MP Config, go to plugins, and under "Processes" you will see the XML plugin you just installed from LRF. You can click config. It's your choice on uploading it by FTP to a webserver or not, but all his plugin will do is create and XML file of your Moving Pictures database, and store it locally OR on the webserver (actually, or both if you check both boxes!). Please change the name of the file to: "movies.xml". I'm going to assume you have a sever, so let's make sure you FTP the file to your server in a folder called "movies".
4. If you want to make your site look like mine ( Body of Lies ) You'll have to do a couple things. First thing is inside that config panel. Click the "Link to XSL file" box at the bottom. The address you'll want to enter is the address to your XSL file (which I'll get to in a second). I suggest just calling this "movies.xsl", and later putting this xsl file in the same folder on your server ("movies").
5. At this point, you simple open up your "movies.xml" file that LRF's plugin created and uploaded to your "movies" folder on your server. If the XSL file exists, along with any other CSS and Javascript plugins you may have, then you're page will look exactly like mine.

To make life easier, I've included a ZIP file of the XSL file, javascript, and CSS files all structured correctly so that all you need to do is configure your plugin correctly (as stated above) to add the moving pics XML from LRF's plugin to this directory, and open it, and everything will work. Finally, there is also an index.php file included in this zip. This means that all you have to do is link to this directory, and the php file will redirect you instantly to your movies.xml file. Exactly how my page is working.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• movies.zip
    30.6 KB

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi shackrock

how can i edit the XSL file so i have a clickable imdb url link

i have this for now but i need a clickable link

and how do i sort the list on alpabethic order :) cause somehow it doesnt sort right

and for the people that dont get the imdb id in the list

change this line in the xsl file

<td class="movieImdb"><xsl:value-of select="IMDBID"/></td>

to

<td class="movieImdb"><xsl:value-of select="IMDB_ID"/></td>

thanks in advance

Attachments

• movielist.JPG
    movielist.JPG
    194.5 KB

Intycast

Portal Pro
March 18, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
shackrock

Thanks! :D

Now everything works fine! :D

I think your post will also help some others to get the plugin working.

How can I add a Search-Field like on "LRFalk01´s Moviepage"?

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany
oke im a little further now

i edites the xsl file a little and i have it now that it shows the whole imdb link
but how can i change it so that the link is clickable

also if someone can help me to sort the list on alpabethic order
cause somehow when i clock sort in title its fucked up dont know it has todo something with the movie id
cuae my movie id is for example 1,2,3 then 6, then 10 ect ect
i have 121 movies but id goes till 141 so maybe thats the fault

would be thankful if someone can help me out so i can change the xsl file that it sorts on title
wen i sort the year or the genre works fine only title not :(

check in attached screenshot

for example

der herr der ringe 1 2 and 3 or not sorted right and more titles

thanks in advance

Attachments

• movielist.JPG
    movielist.JPG
    273.8 KB

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
I can see that this is picking up some interest. I will write up a how-to tonight. I will also include on this the addition of table sorting and a details_url link.

-LRFalk01

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany
thanks man hope i can sort it out then after your How To

so i can sort my titles on alpabethic order cause i tried everything now but still no good luck :(

as you can see on my earlier attached screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom