Feature request - set watched/unwatched without browsing to Details view (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I went though all my films today and set the watched/unwatched flags with my remote. For each movie, I have to go to the details view to see the "Mark as watched" choice. That's three clicks + one more to get back to the list. Would be nice if I could just hit the context menu (F9) directly from List/Icon/Filmstrip for the current item and set this directly. Two clicks less. And a lot more user friendly.

:D
    Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well what you are describing is sort of a setup task. Most of the time watched flags will be set by the GUI automatically after you watch a film, with a few exceptions. The only time you'd want to modify the watched flag for a large number of movies would be when you imported a new collection of movies, most of the time when you first installed the plug-in or rebuilt your database. So I am not sure that adding the watched flag toggle to the main context menu would be the best idea, seeing as it would be so rarely used during normal day-to-day use of the plug-in.

When setting the watch flag for a large number of movies, using the config is much faster (with or without a toggle on the the main context menu of the GUI). It may not be clear (maybe we should work on that), but in the Movie Manager you can highlight multiple movies and flag them as watched in bulk.

If you can convince me the watched flag toggle is used a lot more than I am thinking, then maybe I will reconsider, but currently the main context menu is specifically meant to help you navigate your collection.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    And I can't achieve this with "creative skinning"? Is the "Mark as" call only available within the details view, or did the skinners simply leave this out? As you're scrolling a list of files, the GUI *must* know what item is highlighted so...

As this is about the only "filter" available at the moment, that was really what I was after when I went through all my movie files. But as 0.7 is about to be released next perhaps this won't be needed. Also, MyVideos has this. :p

Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No, the context menus are mostly unrelated to the skin and there is currently no button to toggle the watched status. We could maybe add a watched toggle button though I think that would make a lot of sense. Would this work for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom