Feature Request! watch by <user> (1 Viewer)

ZeroX

Portal Pro
October 26, 2005
Karlstad
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a small problem in my small family of 3.

Me and my girlfirend watch basicly the same series,
althou at diffrent times, this makes it very hard to remember what episode I watched. Now to my Request!

The abilty to add users, for example.
in the first menu i would like a button for "change user" or "users" or samething similar. so when you want to watch something you just enter that menu and change to the apropriate user.... another thing that waould be great fpr this would be the ability to check for unwatched by <users> so when we want to se something together we can do this aswell.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You could then have a delete option "When all users have watched" or something like that...

I like it. It might be too big a change, but who knows what the future will bring?

Shaftstick

Portal Member
    July 7, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    yes it will be a real good improvment witch can be applied to the movies section to for movies watch/unwatcthed by user...

ZeroX

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2005
    Karlstad
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    any input on this function inker??
    is it at all possible????

SUPER Great plugin.....I use it daily in several machines...

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    any input on this function inker??
    is it at all possible????

SUPER Great plugin.....I use it daily in several machines...

Sure its possible :)

But its something that'll have to wait a little while longer :-(

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is along the lines of what I proposed a few days ago about re-structuring the database.

See these threads
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/modify_database_location-t22013p3.html
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/make_mediaportal_user_aware_multiple_uses-t23468.html

Good that the developers of the MCE replacement pluin and the MYTVSeries are both talking in this thread, as I would think some collaberation
    would get the best soltuon.

Maybe the user module needs to be its own pluin (until it can be incorporated into the core MP) as a work in progresss thing to bat around; would make it more generic than just doing somthing for MyTVSeries plugin.

All this module needs to do is hold a db of users and present a GUI way for names of users to be added to it.
    and present a few methods
    setUSer
    currentUser
    nextuser

In MCE-RP these methods could be exposed to event mapper (with some visual feed back like the multi-mapping button, eg. flashing up the user name on a next user command)

In MyTVseries it could then filter by $currentuser$.viewed (if it exists) and set viewed data by user as well (not looked too much into the code or db yet, but I assume some index linked additional table would surfice, speed permitting)

ZeroX

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2005
    Karlstad
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is along the lines of what I proposed a few days ago about re-structuring the database.

See these threads
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/modify_database_location-t22013p3.html
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/make_mediaportal_user_aware_multiple_uses-t23468.html

Good that the developers of the MCE replacement pluin and the MYTVSeries are both talking in this thread, as I would think some collaberation
    would get the best soltuon.

Maybe the user module needs to be its own pluin (until it can be incorporated into the core MP) as a work in progresss thing to bat around; would make it more generic than just doing somthing for MyTVSeries plugin.

All this module needs to do is hold a db of users and present a GUI way for names of users to be added to it.
    and present a few methods
    setUSer
    currentUser
    nextuser

In MCE-RP these methods could be exposed to event mapper (with some visual feed back like the multi-mapping button, eg. flashing up the user name on a next user command)

In MyTVseries it could then filter by $currentuser$.viewed (if it exists) and set viewed data by user as well (not looked too much into the code or db yet, but I assume some index linked additional table would surfice, speed permitting)

I think this is a great idea!! althou i'm not at all familiar wih programing
    but I belive this is teh next logic step when it comes to development and could be incoperated into MANY new and very usefull features...

I started this thread urlier to bring the sugestion to the "public" so to speak :D
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/..._same_install-t23668.html?p=152686#post152686

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom