[Feature Requested] option to use existing cover and fanart jpg's (3 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The Ember Media way is just perfect for my needs. I might do a video tutorial if someone is interested. :)

Yes, if you are very picky about how you like things, then using an off-line managment system first and then import the result into MovPic is the easiest way to go.

With IMDb+ it is possible to first import in English and then import in German (made a lot easier if you can control import paths for kids seperate), but sounds like you are already set now.

Enjoy.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The setting to use can be found in MovPic config "Importer Settings" tab -> Artwork: enable the checkboxes for "Search movie folders for .... named:" and just match the way your files are named. Default support is for folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg when movie files are each in their own folder, but you can add %filename%.jpg support where %filename% matches your movie media filename. This is also explained in wiki.
    Are you sure about %filename% ?

I tried %filename%.jpg for covers and %filename%.fanart.jpg for the backdrop.
    Code:
    28-Sep-2012 13:41:04 Error [      LocalProvider]: Error parsing "%filename%" from local_backdrop_pattern advanced setting. Not a database field name.

*edit* files do seem to get used though. But that error is confusing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom