Feature Requests for Version 0.9.5...? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello together,

sa_ddam is working now a few weeks on the new version of MPD++.
    Now is the time to ask for some feature Requests, because we are still in a early phase were he can add easily some features you would like to see in the next version. Just tell us what do you miss in older Versions of this plugin and he will see what he can do!

I'll add Requests in this Posting!

Cheers,
    Richy

Feature Requests:
    - Add EPG Functionality

- Add the possibility to show informations on the second display of third Party software (e.g. playing a BD with PowerDVD, TMT5 or other Programms) / RicoHTPC, 15.07.2012

- Automatic enabling disabling the MPD-Server when enabling/disabling the Plugin when MPD is only used on one PC. / mrbonsen, 14.08.2012

- Better support of picture section, showing pictures and informations on second screen / MajorTom, 23.03.2013

- Slideshow as screensaver / diskeeper, 23.03.2013

- Using EPG (shedule Recordings, etc.) without changing MP Screens like when watching TV or a Movie. / pur_berger, 25.03.2013

- Play Video content on second screen / pur_berger, 25.03.2013

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A skin aimed at small screens would be nice (a 7 inch screen with resolution 800 x 480), with nice large fonts that can be read from across a room.

MajorTom

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2006
    Better support for the Pictures/Photo section would be nice.
    However, I think you should focus more on stability than new features.

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @lisag
    With next version there will be a skin Editor release. So you can make your own skin For this Resolution.

@MajorTom
    The complete framework of the plugin will be written new (due to the last issues we had with version 0.9.0 that cannot be fixed with the old framework). So it is easier to implement new features from The beginning instead of implementing them later causing eventually other issues.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Rudament Independant usage of the Display - like possible to programm a recording without switching the main screen, checking EPG for upcomming content and program it (switch - record, ...).
    "Screensaver" - option. Like run a slideshow instead of displaying the Monitor (for example when teh TV is turned of but MP is active - instead of showing the for example program or the menue)
    No idea if this is possible - but as it's a client - server setup playing different video content (Main Screen - Movie, Touch Screen Football ;))

Mediator

March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The possibility to change font size in the configuration would be helpful (date and time seems too large).
    I agree, programming TV-shows via EPG without turning the main screen on would be phantastic.
    Maybe that is my configuration, but sometimes I try to navigate with my remote on the secondary sreen up and down (because the menu items are listed vertically) and nothing happens; turning then the main sceen on to check I see that I should navigate left and right (because I somehow ended up in a horizontal menu, e.g. the exit menu).
    Great plugin!

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    A great compliment to the team, thanks to you I can use my 7 "display useful.
    What do you think, is it possible to make a skin that only the basic information displays? I rarely need the touch function because my HTPC is in an inappropriate location. So it would be great if the important information is shown larger and less graphics are displayed (minimal contrast).
    I have a picture drawn representing better as I imagine it.

Actually it is a mask that displays only the information in Play Now mode. No Home Screen and no Things to touch needed for that skin.
    The basic idea for this is the on-screen display (OSD) on the every TV. Thus Show only the current playback information and is in a distance of 6 meters still legible.

bribbon

Attachments

• MPDisplay_dark+minimal.png
      MPDisplay_dark+minimal.png
      22.3 KB
    Last edited:

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Mediator & @bribbon

These suggestions are skin related so I won't add them in the first post, I'll do my very best when I finished all other Skins that are allready in Development.
    Only the Date/Time thing is not possible. Here it's your turn to change things as you need them. The next version will come with a skineditor (see my posting above), so you will be able to edit your favorite skin as you need it.

Cheers,
    Richy

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @Mediator & @bribbon

These suggestions are skin related so I won't add them in the first post, I'll do my very best when I finished all other Skins that are allready in Development.
    Only the Date/Time thing is not possible. Here it's your turn to change things as you need them. The next version will come with a skineditor (see my posting above), so you will be able to edit your favorite skin as you need it.

I am sure that you both do the best, many thanks!! (y)
    Every time there is certainly plenty to do to keep the skin around the current. Why you do not just launch 1 Touch Skin and 1 without? This would reduce working hours and you could put the energy into one cool MPDisplay-skin.

Take the time that you need, mate
    regards

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why you do not just launch 1 Touch Skin and 1 without? This would reduce working hours and you could put the energy into one cool MPDisplay-skin.

Hey Bribbon,

thank you for reminding me about this Forum entry! :)
    I really forgot about that…
    I do not want to publish only one MPDisplay++ Touch Skin, because my opinion is, that the MPD++ Skin should look like the original Skin you are using in MediaPortal. In my eyes it look’s much better than one Standard Skin for MPDisplay.

I already started with PureVisionHD, but I’ll pause the work on that Skin for a while, because I think you aren’t the only one with this suggestion.
    And the Skin you are thinking about hasn’t to be fixed every time when there are MP Skin related changes (because it uses only Standard Tags).
    But I’ll change it a bit as you were thinking about it. There will be different Styles for all Skins that are available for MP, means, you can choose which background should be used and the fonts also will change as they are in the MP Skins you are using.
    No Touch functionality, No Menu’s, just Playing Screens.

Here are some first Screenshots (Default Screen and Music Playing):

Default Skin&Screen.jpg StreamedMP Default Screen.jpg Avalon Music.jpg Titan Music.jpg

Cheers,
    Richy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom