Feedback from MP to command line (1 Viewer)

SentiNell

December 11, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.135 (if I am right)
Windows Version: Xp MCE lateste patches installed (as of 10-12-2005)
Rest is not important for this problem.

I use the program Alcohol 52% and *** to get image files of my own DVD's on my harddisk. I have altered the register so that when I click an image twice with my mouse then it will automount and due to autorun PowerDVD will start up and play the DVD (image).

At first I thought that MP would simulate a double-click on a file when selecting it to play and then play the file through the selected external DVD-player. Why doesn't it work that way?

It didn't seem to work that way, so I try the sommandline executable from Alcohol 52%. I put the external DVD player to "C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 52\AxCmd.exe" and have 1: /m:%1 as parameter. This if MP would give feedback to command line would replace the "%1" value with the selected file (example: "D:\Mijn documenten\Mijn video's\gladiator\gladiator.mds"). Is it possible for MP to give such feedback?

Another thing I tried was making a batchfile (example: Gladiator.bat) which contained the command to mount the image. In the MP setup I selected PowerDVD for DVD player. What happened when I selected a movie to play is that PowerDVD was started, but the batch file was never executed. How come?

I also tried Deamon tools, but in the setup it says that deamon tools work for iso/bin files. I thus renamed an mdf file to ISO file, this worked well when I double clicked it with my mouse (outside MP). It however didn't work inside MP, the progress bar would never show any progress, so all I can do at that moment is press ESC. I was using deamon tools v4.0. How come it didn't work?

Out of all solutions I tried I would really love it is was possible for MP to just select the file with a simulated double-click. That would trigger (due to my adjusted register) to mount the selected image and by that autorun would start the standard PowerDVD player (I imagine). But if autorun would be surpressed by MP then MP could just activate the external DVD player itself.

SentiNell

December 11, 2005
Khris said:
Have you tried setting it up as an external program?

You'd have to do it for each image file, but it should work.

That would mean I have to run MPsetup first every time I want to watch another DVD (image). Then I rather not use MP and just go with the mouse. The reason I want this all automated is because I then can do it with the remote control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom