Feedback on internal TV setup wizard. (1 Viewer)

Lars E.

Portal Member
March 28, 2005
Norway
Hi, here is some feedback on my testing on the current cvs.
First, I am impressed with the progress sine 0.1.3.0. Excellent work team!

Area: Several, but mainly MP internal Setup Wizard.
MP Version: CVS build from evening of 12/11/2005
Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 (Norwegian)
CPU Type: AMD X2 3800+
Memory: 2GB, DualChannel
Motherboard Chipset: Nforce4
Video Card: ATI X800
Video Card Driver: Catalyst, newest as of 10/11/2005.
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: No idea, default
Video Codec Type & Version: Mpeg2dec
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
TV Card: Hauppauge 500 MCE
TV Card Type: ?
TV Card Driver: Newest as of 10/11/2005
Optional Log: N/A
Optional References:N/A

1. Enter setup wizard, press next then press back. Note that right-clicking with the mouse now no longer brings you back to Settings menu.
2. When I get to the "TV Setup - Analog TV" part there is no way to get to the next screen without performing Manual Tune.
3. As a side note - The Norway/Oslo channels is for one specific cable network, don't know which.
Some information on how to contribute channel setup on this screen would be nice.
4. It seems like pressing ESC while searching radio channels locks the MP GUI for a while. Taskmanager shows 5-6% cpu and stable 123MB memory usage for MP at this moment. After a while it's good to go again and the radio search kept going.
5. There should be some way to skip radio (and TV) scans.
6. When the radio scan is done it reports "Finished, found 0 tv channels" - should be radio I guess, and tv should always be written TV?
7. TV Setup - EPG. The channels is sorted using ASCII. This leads to Channel101 being sorted before Channel2. A dictionary sort would have Channel2 first.

8. Settings->My TV->Channel sorting. I should be able to delete channels here. Seems strange that I have to start the MP Setup application to do this.
9. My TV. The TV preview window shows Eurosport. I click on it with the mouse and the GUI kind of locks up, but the TV is still refreshing, but it will not refresh parts that have had another window in front.
After a while I realized that My TV is totally unstable on my system. Am I the only one with this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom