[no Bug] Few configuration parameters not updated (1 Viewer)

mrspock

Portal Pro
September 14, 2008
Madrid
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi.

When updating I have noticed that few configuration parameters are not copied. I have noticed updating RC2 to RC3 (see TV server update from RC1 to RC3 failed) and RC3 to RC4.
I cannot double-check all of them as I rely only on my memory, but I think that at least the following MP configuration parameters were changed in updating:
  • General: Keep MP always on top (RC3: on, RC4: off)
  • General: Autostart MP on windows startup (RC3: on, RC4: off)
  • General: process priority (RC3: above normal, RC4: normal)
  • General / Screensaver: (RC3: off, RC4: on)
  • General / Watchdog: delay (RC3: 7, RC4: 10)
  • TV / TV Client / Audio settings: preferred languages (RC3: Spanish, English, RC4: none)
  • TV / TV Client / Subtitle settings: preferred languages (RC3: Spanish, English, RC4: none)
  • TV / TV Post Processing / activated filters (RC3: ffdshow, RC4: none)
  • Videos / Video Post Processing / activated filters (RC3: ffdshow, RC4: none)
  • DVD / DVD Post Processing / activated filters (RC3: ffdshow, RC4: none)
  • Pictures / Slideshow Transitions (RC3: random, RC4: X-fade)
  • Plugins: (RC3: PowerScheduler, MiniDisplay and Shortcutter enabled; RC4: PowerScheduler and MiniDisplay disabled and Shortcutter missing)

My logs after updating can be found at: Fault upgrading RC3 to RC4

Thanks

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi.

When updating I have noticed that few configuration parameters are not copied. I have noticed updating RC2 to RC3 (see TV server update from RC1 to RC3 failed) and RC3 to RC4.
    I cannot double-check all of them as I rely only on my memory, but I think that at least the following MP configuration parameters were changed in updating:
    • General: Keep MP always on top (RC3: on, RC4: off)
    • General: Autostart MP on windows startup (RC3: on, RC4: off)
    • General: process priority (RC3: above normal, RC4: normal)
    • General / Screensaver: (RC3: off, RC4: on)
    • General / Watchdog: delay (RC3: 7, RC4: 10)
    • TV / TV Client / Audio settings: preferred languages (RC3: Spanish, English, RC4: none)
    • TV / TV Client / Subtitle settings: preferred languages (RC3: Spanish, English, RC4: none)
    • TV / TV Post Processing / activated filters (RC3: ffdshow, RC4: none)
    • Videos / Video Post Processing / activated filters (RC3: ffdshow, RC4: none)
    • DVD / DVD Post Processing / activated filters (RC3: ffdshow, RC4: none)
    • Pictures / Slideshow Transitions (RC3: random, RC4: X-fade)
    • Plugins: (RC3: PowerScheduler, MiniDisplay and Shortcutter enabled; RC4: PowerScheduler and MiniDisplay disabled and Shortcutter missing)

My logs after updating can be found at: Fault upgrading RC3 to RC4

Thanks

Hi,

Could you please post your MediaPortal.xml file?

These settings are stored in this file, and this file should not be touched by the update. The fact that some settings are retained by RC4 and some are not is very strange.

Personally, I didn't see any of these problems, and I do have some of these settings enabled. I don't suppose you would be able to do a complete uninstall, re-install RC3, configure it, backup the MediaPortal.xml file and then do the update? I know it is a lot to ask, but for problems that are not seen on all systems, it might be the only way.

Best wishes,

Mark

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi.
    I have already modified the configuration... :oops:

Anyway, I am attaching all my MediaPortal.xml's files (xml and bak from RC4, from the RC3 backup, and from the RC2 backup).

I suppose that all these files are what you need and it is not needed a complete uninstallation... It would very time consuming start again from the beginning... :sorry: (I even do not have enough time to test and configure everything I would like). But I will try to remember perform a file backup when updating to RC5 and report if there is any problem.

Hope that the files help...

Thanks

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi.
    When updating RC4 to RC5 all the configuration parameters where updated and new MediaPortal.xml file is exactly the same that old one.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom