Few questions (2 Viewers)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

While messing around in MP a bit yesterday I found some inclarities, so I have some questions ;) Also, I have another more global question.

1. Is it possible to auto-select a subtitle? Every time i enter a video i have to enter the caption screen and select the only subtitle available. It would be better if it automatically selects it (it is a seperate .srt file, you know the drill).
2. How does the subtitle delay option in the Bookmarks menu actually work? How big is the max. delay, and can u modify it?
3. Am I able to remotely config MP? So that i can enter the config on another PC and change my things there? This would also be nice since that way I can control MovingPictures (my videos are on a server location).

Something global:
4. I'm trying to change the volume by using my remote control (iMon). This seems to work, since the Windows volume goes down. But I'm not hearing any difference. Is this because I am using S/PDIF?

I hope you can answer my questions :D

Thanks in advance,
Zinu.

Janosch

Portal Pro
January 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Zinu,

to 4) you can not change the volume with Spdif out if you use ac3 audio. But for stereo it will work if you change your audiosettings to wave.

janosch-albums-audio-einstellungen-picture71-volme-control.jpg

Regards Christian;)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Anyone? Come on, more than a thousand people online constantly and not anyone who can help me?!

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Zinu,

For question #3, have you tried a remote desktop? I use RealVNC and often use it to tweak MP from another room or even from work. Windows has an on-board virtual desktop and there are several others out there, but I haven't used them. RealVNC works like a champ!

I'm not sure what you mean about controlling MovingPictures. Are you currently unable to configure it from your MediaPortal computer? Or you want to actually manipulate your movie files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom