[confirm] few time per Day a Bluescreen (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: few time per Day a Bluescreen

I've sent an email to DD with the error description. Hopefully a dev can take a look into this :)

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    [
    Infoservice can also set off a BSOD as well, and the last two things to happen were Infoservice and a tune.

I just wonder what in infoservice could cause the BSOD. Does it have own kernel side code? :) The plugin should have pretty normal HD & network access and nothing else.

One possibility could be leaked memory in MP side (fade label might contain such...) and badly behaving driver in low memory cases - again a but in driver.

It uses the IEScripting control (shdocvw.dll) and that can BSOD among many other fun results (I have no idea why). It normally crashes the machine gracefully though unless it's XP.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    [
    Infoservice can also set off a BSOD as well, and the last two things to happen were Infoservice and a tune.

I just wonder what in infoservice could cause the BSOD. Does it have own kernel side code? :) The plugin should have pretty normal HD & network access and nothing else.

One possibility could be leaked memory in MP side (fade label might contain such...) and badly behaving driver in low memory cases - again a but in driver.

It uses the IEScripting control (shdocvw.dll) and that can BSOD among many other fun results (I have no idea why). It normally crashes the machine gracefully though unless it's XP.

"Shell Doc Object and Control Library" shouldn't have any kernel side code running - unless MS has f**ked up a big time.

dirki1972

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi,
    oh so much was written now.
    that mean this problem is again a problem from driver? or i understand wrong?

regards
    dirk

luksmann

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2005
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Seems to be a driver problem - I had exactly the same error, changing the setting from "pause" to "stop" fixed this issue for me - I hope DD will react to morpheus_xx's mail and fix this!

dirki1972

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

after i uninstall Mediaportal and install new, i have now 1,5 Days not a Bluescreen.... :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: few time per Day a Bluescreen

after i uninstall Mediaportal and install new, i have now 1,5 Days not a Bluescreen.... :D

Just bad luck I would say - wait few more days and I promise you will see that BSOD again :D

Apollo4244

Portal Member
    November 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I have the same issue. BSOD several times over 30 hours, since my system was completely broken and Windows did not boot anymore - even in safe mode. I was not able to get some complete log files - file system was not recoverable.

After system restore from backup i give it another try and installed Version 1.2.0 Alpha. It did not take a long time (1-2 hours) and BSOD was back again. Error in ks.sys...

I'm sorry i can not post the log files as described in wiki. I have a tv-server-only installation and i can not find any Watchdog or whatever, so i post the log-directory from tv-server in ProgramData. Please contact me if you need any more files or information.

Im now back on Version 1.1.1 with morpheus_xx tv-engine patch for my Mystique Satix S2 Dual's without any errors as before.

Regards
    Mario

Attachments

• eventlog_detail.zip
      898 bytes
    • Minidump.zip
      31.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom