FFDShow and "A" key (1 Viewer)

yevgenb

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Hi,

I recently installed Try-out version of ffdshow trying to simplify mess of codecs.
And I have found interesting problem that might be know feature :)
When I press "a" key on full-screen video MP turns on ffdshow filters instead of switching audio channels. In config "a" key set by default to "switch audio language/stream". All key-mappings and OSD in ffdshow disabled.

Has anyone experienced something like that or it's a MP/ffdshow bug?

Thanks,
Eugene

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I am using ffdshow tryout beta2a from 220307. Haven't got this problem, yet. Which version do you use?

Did you install the Haali Media Splitter as recommended in the FAQ? Its needed for videos with multiple audio streams.

HTH,
    Flip.

yevgenb

Portal Member
    January 3, 2007
    I have nightly build from 200705012 installed. Don't have Haaly Splitter and don't need it yet as I don't have multi-stream movies.
    I pressed 'a' key accidentally and it messed-up ffdshow settings completely!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

well. I think I will check out the latest ffdshow build. But this will not happen before the weekend. I will report back then.

Flip.

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    Question about ffdshow:

I use Purevideo, and I installed latest try-out of ffdshow.

I installed without any codec as I expect Nvidia to decode and "ffdshow raw video" to post-process. ( Iplaced the checkmark in MP config)

All DIVX and XVIds are post-processed nice, but not the MPEG2..
    I disabled hardware acceleration in Nvidia.. still the same..

How has this to be setup?

When I look at the media files with graphedit, the graph is indead build without ffdshow. I put it in manually and it worked..

But how to I explain to MP to build the graph that way?!

yevgenb

Portal Member
    January 3, 2007
    Due to enormous amount of problems I had to uninstall ffdshow - spend 3-4 hours trying to get it to work but unsuccessfully :(

Here is a list of problems:
    1) Every second time ffdshow hangs. Sometimes it hang PC ( probably due to the fact that I have Dual Core CPU and Thread count set to "2".
    2) Sometimes ffdshow configuration gets screwed and picture gets flipped.
    3) The "A" key - if pressed all ffdshow configuration gets totally screwed - some options quite dangerous to enable for HDTV file for example as it hangs PC.

Maybe will give it another try later on...

Thanks,
    Eugene

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom