ffdshow codecs do not show/ are not an option (1 Viewer)

elitenoobboy

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Home Country
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: win7 x64
CPU Type: amd x2 4600
HDD:
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: Asus m2n sli deluxe
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: microsoft mce remote
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Is there anything special that needs to be done to be able to select ffdshow as the default decoder? I have installed ffdshow tryout, but ffdshow is not showing as an option in the codecs and renderers. I figured it would automatically show up, or at least that there would be an option to add it, but I see nothing.
I am using the latest release candidate.

MrKneebone

Portal Member
May 5, 2010
Same here.

Everything was working fine til recently, and now my picture are all scrambled during playback (thick horizontal flickering lines on all vids) - sound seems to be fine.

ffdshow was my selected codec, and now it's not even in the list of selectables.
I've installed ffdshow and ffdshow tryout (both from sourceforge) but it still doesn't show up in the codec list, or correct my issue.

I recently un-installed Blaze - perhaps that had something to do with it? Unfortunately, I lost my reg key to reinstall to see if that corrects the problem.

Any suggestions for us?

MrKneebone

Portal Member
May 5, 2010

elitenoobboy

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Home Country
I did the following and managed to get things up and running again - not sure which one's fixed it for me though:

Uninstalled ffdshow - then restarted
Uninstalled ffdshow tryout - then restarted

Reinstalled an old version of my video drivers - then restarted.

Installed SAF v4 as per the description here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/saf-v4-00-stable-standalone-filters-dxva-ready-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/

and everything seems to be back up and running.
So you ended up going with saf instead of ffdshow? Is there any way to get ffdshow back at all then? I am using MP rc4 and a recent ffdshow tryout, and this bug still hasn't been fixed.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Firsly I would uninstall ffdshow, reboot and then run filmerit, see if there are any errors and repair.

Now reinstall ffdshow from here ??????? ???????? - XvidVideo.RU

ps. installing\uninstalling software or drivers may have damaged your registry causing this, so might be worthwhile also running ccleaner, prior to install.

elitenoobboy

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Even after doing all of that, ffdshow still does not show up on RC4 settings, codecs and renderer. All I see for mpeg decoder is 2 hauppauge decoders, a microsoft decoder, mpc-mpa decoder, and something called nano. Filmerit showed no errors when I ran it, I ran ccleaner.The version of ffdshow that I installed from that site you gave me is ffdshow_rev3472_20100605_x64 I have win7 x64 installed. This problem has been around since before the RCs for me, and since I did a fresh install for those, I don't think it would be a MP config problem. What registry key does MP look for to tell if ffdhow is installed?

EDIT: sorry, for some reason I listed stuff for the audio decoder. For the mpeg2 video decoder, I see 2 for hauppauge (a wintv and a intervideo one), microsoft dtv, and nanocosmos.

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can choose ffdshow in all boxes, exept for aac audio codec in the tv section, and I really miss that, because I want to use the "ac3 encode mode" in ffdshow. I can choose ffdshow in aac codec in the video section, but why cant i in the tv section?? -Only MONOGRAM AAC decoder shows up.

And is it possible to use ffdshow as decoder in the music section?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    version of ffdshow that I installed from that site you gave me is ffdshow_rev3472_20100605_x64 I have win7 x64 installed.

You are not going to get 64bit codecs showing up in a 32bit program, you need the 32bit version of ffdshow.

stefanbaar

Monogram filter is specifically designed for tv, the aac is slightly different and would possibly cause problems if another codec was allowed, that's why it is locked.

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Monogram filter is specifically designed for tv, the aac is slightly different and would possibly cause problems if another codec was allowed, that's why it is locked.

Any possibility to unlock it? I would very much like to try it:)
    How about the codecs used by the music player? Can they be changed too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom