ffdshow upscaling dvds (1 Viewer)

improwise

Portal Member
May 29, 2006
kevon27 said:
3. intall the download
4. after install, find the folder in ALL PROGRAMS that contains the FFDshow files.
5. choose video decoder Config.
6. Ffdshow Properties screen should popup. on the left hand side (under the ffdshow tab) scroll down until you see (RESIZE AND ASPECT SETTINGS). Check that box. Now move to the right hand side. Under the SPECIFY SIZE, enter your new figure (1280 x 720)..

I installed the ffdshow that you pointed to, but I cand find any "video decoder config"? And no ALL PROGRAMS for that matter, is that "Program files" directory in some older windows? And what kind of a file is the video decoder config since it is supposed to pop up the properties, sounds like an executable?

Please advice, you king of ffdshow :)

/pJ

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
improwise said:
I installed the ffdshow that you pointed to, but I cand find any "video decoder config"? And no ALL PROGRAMS for that matter, is that "Program files" directory in some older windows?

It's in the Windows start menu. Start -> All programs -> ffdshow -> Video decoder configuration.

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
I am also fiddling with ffdshow.

kevon27, as you are an expert on this, maybe you could share some of your experience here.

Ideas:

1. I am using Plasma TV with 1024x768, connected via HDMI, so it would be great to upscale and sharpen via ffdshow.

2. I want to keep CPU load low because of heat/noise (using Athlon 64 CnQ).

What could you recommend? I found hundreds of million of settings in ffdshow.. also lots of different sharpening options..

What else is a good think to enable to improve picture quality?
I mainly use DVB-C so the resolution is mainly 480x576, sometimes 720x576.. due to DVB-C the data rate is relativly low and I have artefacts sometimes.. (blocky picture)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom