FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Allen,

you are right. Therefore i wrote, that i am using postprocessing only for My Videos (AVI / MPEG). In those videos the resolution ist often lower than 720x576. I am not using it for My TV or DVD, because there it would not make sense as you noticed. :)

But if you have a better screen resolution it really makes sense to use postprocessing for resizing. For example if you have a HDTV (LCD) with 720p, you can use ffdshow to get 1280x720 out of the "old and bad PAL format" which is used in TV and DVD.

Flip.

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    It doesnt seem to work for me. I followed your guide and the picture has massive ghosting. Basically the same image appears four times on screen side-by-side overlapped. I'm NTSC with resolution set to screen resolution set to 720x576. I have tried with all FFDShow filters unchecked and it still doesnt help. My TV Card is PVR250-MCE. Is there a specific setting for this card that I have to use in order for ffdshow to output properly (GOP, IVT, Bitrate). Funny thing is, I have the old version of GotTV with FFDShow post processing enabled and it works perfectly. So maybe its my MP Setting???????

gabbe

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Sweden
    htpcNoob: I don't know. Im in PAL-land. I had the same ghosting behaviour when I tested with older versions of MP and ffdshow.
    Do You use WinDVD6 codecs?
    Don't think different settings for PVR-xyz card matter. Im using 12 Mbit constant bitrate and it works good. I think ffdshow connects after the MPEG decoder filter. The big deal here is ntsc-pal. Anyone else?

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Try the Dscaler mpeg decoders. It has worked wonders for me. Blocks gone, ghosting is gone and can adjust color/luminace... Because it has it's own configuration I don't use FFdshow with them. Check out: Descaler 5

They are only alpha decoders, but I really like them.

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    wishywashy said:
    Try the Dscaler mpeg decoders. It has worked wonders for me. Blocks gone, ghosting is gone and can adjust color/luminace... Because it has it's own configuration I don't use FFdshow with them. Check out: Descaler 5

They are only alpha decoders, but I really like them.

Yeah. Tried em. Almost the same ghosting image with Dscaler 5 Decorders as with FFDShow on top of Intervideo (strange). Im thinking its an NTSC thing.

M

mell1n

black screen

I assume you have to change raw video to "all supported" in ffdshow. When I do this I get just a black screen but the audio still works. Reclock reports no video stream detected. I had this same problem a while back on sagetv, makes me think its my Leadtek tv 2000 expert tuner. Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

I can't seem to get it working. When I tried to copy over the dlls, one wouldn't let me copy but it worked in safe mode. I set things up the way the documentation states, and when I click "My Tv" mediaportal goes away.

NTSC here, screen res 800x600 PVR-150. Any ideas?

R

rgalgon

got ffdshow all setup and working in MP 0.1.0.10 however every few seconds there is sputtering in the video. the CPU Load on the OSD erractically switches in a range of 30-100% all the time. Anyone else have any expierence with this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom