FFMpeg & VLC Wrapper 100% CPU (1 Viewer)

jorrell

Portal Member
November 25, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Im having problems which have just started recently since upgrading to MPExtended 0.52. Whenever I stream to my android devices im finding that whichever profile i choose, when FFMpeg starts its using an average of around 10-15% CPU, However after a few minutes this rises to 100% and when i check running processes, i find there are multiple instances of FFMpeg running (usually at least 2/3). Eventually this maxes out my CPU and the stream starts to stutter. Even if i try using VLC Wrapper, I get the same problem. Im using a AMD Phenom II x4 B50 CPu with 16GB RAM

After stopping the streams, these processes are continuing to run until i stop them?

Is there any sort of fix i can do to stop this? I even set the streaming profiles to -threads 1 in the MPExtended folder, but this hasnt helped. Previously i never had this problem, yet ive tried going back to the old MPExtended (Version 0.51) and it hasnt sorted it either

Anyone have any experience of this? I could really do with some help as i dont want to have to try a complete remove/re-install of MP as it could happen again.

Thanks Jorrell

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you play using aMPdroid or WebMP? It seems that the player doesn't correctly stop the stream. In any case, your logs would be useful.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It would still be useful if you post your logs...

Slepy

Portal Member
    December 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom