File Explorer skin?? (1 Viewer)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Would it be possible to get a skin for the File Explorer Plugin??

I am trying to be able to copy pictures to my pictures folder on my system using nothing but my remote, but it ain't happening. I have tried a couple different xml files for the file explorer to see if it would work with B&W, but they wouldn't work with the skin very well at all.

I tried "My Explorer", but it didn't work. when I would select my source files ok, then try to select a destination, it would not show me anything to select one.

File explorer at least works, but no skin for it.

thanks for any help.

The pictures section for MP really needs some work. I would rather have it use the shares I WANT it to use, and not the whole drives for copying pictures. It needs to be more "Wife" proof. I don't want my wife and kids to have access to copy pictures from\to "unapproved" places on the HD. But this is a discussion for the pictures section.

for the time being, a skin file(s) for the file explorer will work.

thanks

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Would it be possible to get a skin for the File Explorer Plugin??

[..]
I tried "My Explorer", but it didn't work. when I would select my source files ok, then try to select a destination, it would not show me anything to select one.
[..]
I use 'My Explorer' all the time, with no probs. FYI: selecting a destination is done in the same window as where you selected the source(s). I've been using file explorer in the past, and with that plugin you get 2 windows ('total commander style'). Maybe you've just missed the destination selecting on the left side :confused:

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
with my explorer, can I just select files? or can I also select folders?

thanks

I will try it out again.

ok, I am an idiot i guess. I can't figure out my explorer.

I hit select source button.
then I go find some pictures I would like to copy to my pictures folder.
I find them and select them.
the count goes up showing how many files I have selected.
then I go hit select destination button, and I get NOTHING. nothing to select ever appears on the right side of the screen. no drives, no paths, nothing.

now here is the strange part.
If BEFORE i hit select destination, I go into a different folder (any, it does not matter), and then go hit select destination, It copies my files, but ALWAYS copies them to the ROOT of my c: drive.

I don't know what the problem is. this is the second time I have tried this plug in, and both times I get this same result. this is on 2 different boxes, too.
and this one I am working on now is a complete fresh install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom