File Explorer skinfile (1 Viewer)

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Because File explorer has more options (delete, rename, folder support and more) than my explorer i decided to switch to this plugin. It's old, but it works like a charm. Besides, my explorer isn't maintained to well either.
I made a b&w skin for it (see attached files). Note: i didn't alter the explorer_dialog.xml, explorer_modulepreview.xml and explorer_musicpreview.xml (yet).

I have one question about my skinning: in the explorer_textpreview.xml window, i cannot see the overlay windows (media playing in the lower left corner and topbar), but they are functional (when i click on the region where it should be mediaportal does react (e.g. switch to the video in full screen)). It seems that the overlay windows are 'behind' te common.window and common.panel layers or something... What am i doing wrong here??

I was able to make the topbar show, by simply using <import>topbar.xml</import>, but this is more of a workaround.

Attachments

• explorer-main.jpg
    explorer-main.jpg
    224 KB
  • common.panel_split.xml
    30.7 KB
  • explorer_textpreview.xml
    30.7 KB
  • explorer_modulepreview.xml
    30.7 KB
  • explorer_musicpreview.xml
    30.7 KB
  • explorer_main.xml
    30.6 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    huh i've been "sitting" on a file explorer sin file myself, never got around to polish it.. i like how you done some things, here is a screenshot of what i've got so far.. maybe we can mix out the best elements of both and then i'll add it to google code..

btw, try playing with these tags for topbar/overlay window
    <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
    <disabletopbar>no</disabletopbar>

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    huh i've been "sitting" on a file explorer sin file myself, never got around to polish it.. i like how you done some things, here is a screenshot of what i've got so far.. maybe we can mix out the best elements of both and then i'll add it to google code..

btw, try playing with these tags for topbar/overlay window
    <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
    <disabletopbar>no</disabletopbar>

I guess you forgot to attach a screenshot of your version :p

Btw: i already tried the tags you mentioned, somehow the do have effect in the main screen, but not in the file preview screen.... Weird huh?

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I love the item attributes windows on the bottom of your skin! This must definately be incorporated (haven't seen referrals to this in the original skin...).
    I'd suggest the following, but feel free to give comments; it's just my opinion:
    • background based on my version (split window with two tabs for left and right menu).
    • add one attribute window. Just one window on the right instead of two that gives info of the current file/folder no matter wether you are in the left or right menu. That way there is still room for the overlay window with video/visualisation on the left side.
    • add the gear image in the tabs in front of the words 'left menu'/'right menu'.
    • get lost of the 'folder:' prefix in the path label like you did in your version of the skin. My preference is to keep the path label where it's positioned in my version of the skin (below the list). The path label itself should start scrolling when it becomes too long however (in my version it has no max length yet).

I have an extra feature request as well, because i wouldn't know how to do this myself: to have a button somewhere which makes the file menu appear. I'm using a touchscreen, so having to use a right mouse button is not an option. The source of the plugin is available, so this might be possible...
    This goes for more plugins/parts of MP, but one's got to start somewhere ;)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey are you guys having any trouble running this plugin on 1.01... Seem to be missing my left hand menu.. ? Very strange, so need a file like plugin.. Need it to go with My Torrents :D

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey are you guys having any trouble running this plugin on 1.01... Seem to be missing my left hand menu.. ? Very strange, so need a file like plugin.. Need it to go with My Torrents :D

It works for me (have been using it in versions 1.0, 1.01 and 1.02). No problems at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom