leejayd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2010
    Hi,

I'm moving files from a WHS server to a win8 based server

The issues is that the old network share was : SERVER\TV

The new share is SERVER\USERS\TV

Will My-TV update the file locations like Moving Pictures does or do I need to hack the XML/database?

Thanks in advance.

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the PCs or Servers name stays the same, you can share the subfolder TV as "TV". Just make sure to give the rights to the HTPC to access the folder. So the network path would be SERVER\TV, no need to change anything in MP.

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sharing is on the properties tab of a folder. If you want to quickly share a folder residing in local drives or User Profile folders, open Properties dialog from right-click context menu, and then head over to Sharing tab. From Network File and Folder Sharing section, click Share to open File Sharing dialog. Now, select Everyone from drop-down menu, and click Add. This will add Everyone group in File Sharing list, and allow you to change folder access permission. Using Read pull-down menu, you can give read and write permissions to users, and remove Everyone group from the File Sharing list. Once done, click Share to share the folder on the network. It will open a separate dialog, allowing you to email and copy the shared folder link.
    (It’s worth mentioning here that Windows 8 require you to change folder permissions in order to share system folders. You will notice that Share option in File Properties –> Sharing tab is disabled for system folders; you can only use Advanced Sharing option to share system folder with Homegroup users. It’s advisable to join a Homegroup (or other network group) before start sharing system folders.)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom