file names in My Videos truncated (1 Viewer)

itestthis

October 13, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 (2006-07-03)
MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium M 2.00GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: 0C4708 (Dell Inc.)
TV Card Model: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Ati Mobility Radeon X300 (64 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: SigmaTel C-Major Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

browsing a directory of files under "My Videos", if a file name ends with a number before the "." and it contains "_" or " " (space), the file name becomes truncated, ex: 24_SEASON2_DISC1.ISO shows as 24_SEASON2.ISO. If there are multiple files, they will all show as 24_SEASON2.ISO, If the number before the dot, ex: "1" is removed, the files are displayed correctly. FYI, if the filename uses periods "." instead, the name is also shown correctly. Hope someone can help. Like the Software.

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Sounds to me that this is 'stacking' kicking in. MP recognizes that the two files are part of the same movie and stacks them together to show only one file entry. If you play that file disk #2 will play as soon as disk #1 ends. You can right click (or F9) the file and select 'Unstack' if you don't like this behaviour.

Note: I might be mistaken here as I thought this only worked with files ending with -cd1, -cd2 etc. I know there have been a few discussions about other file names as well and my guess is it's been changed. Someone else will have to confirm this, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom