File/TV-Server hardware help

Discussion in 'General' started by Shukuyen, March 22, 2014.

1. Shukuyen
    • Premium Supporter

Shukuyen Community Plugin Dev

Developer
    Ratings:
    +261 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi Folks,

I am planning to equip my fileserver with new components. At the moment it's running on my old PC so that's not great for the electricity bill ;) Buying new hardware will probably be more expensive, but let's just roll with it and say it's for my good conscience.

Already defined:
    • Windows 8
    • Storage Pool with StableBit DrivePool
    • 6 HDDs
    • 1 SSD as system drive
    • 1 KNC-One DVB-C2 receiver card
    • Passive cooled low end graphics card
    • Should run TV Server, MediaPortal 2 Server and MP-Extended (AirVideo at the moment) for streaming
    What I need:
    • Case (good cooling, room for the HDDs, quit), thinking about the Lian Li PC-10NB
    • Mainboard and CPU, powerful enough for the tasks above and as low-energy as possible
    • PSU ... how much is enough?

Any help, especially regarding mainboard and CPU, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!