Filename syntax - is this possible to import? (1 Viewer)

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm ripping my disney treasures to store on my harddrive these days, and I'm puzzling with naming at the moment, as I'd like the filenames to be 1. easy to go through when not using MP by browsing the character and the year and 2. get them to import into MPTV Series ...

At the moment, I'm using this filename Syntax [Character/Series] - [year] - [title]
e.g.: Donald Duck - 1938 - Donald's Ostrich

I'd like to match them up with this list:
Donald Duck - Short Films: Complete Episode List

Is that at all possible... I don't really want to use episode numbers for this if I can avoid it as it's kinda ugly ;) Is it possible to make a match from the title and Series name in mptv series?

Or could someone come up with a good idea for a filename syntax for cartoons? Guess I'll have the same issue for all cartoons if I don't want to use episode number...

/Christian

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Noone with any good suggestions on how to name these, and other cartoon shorts sets?

scma

Portal Pro
December 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
if you want to use the standard expressions you'd want to name them something like Donald.Duck.S01E05.Donald's.Ostrich or Donald.Duck.1x5.Donald's.Ostrich or Donald.Duck.105.Donald's.Ostrich

if you're willing to write a custom expression you could use <FirstAired> and name them like Donald.Duck.1937-12-10.Donald's.Ostrich

e.x. parsing expression:
(?<series>[^$]+).(?<FirstAired>((19|20)(\d{2})(.|-|/)([0-3]\d)(.|-|/)([0-3]\d)))(?<title>(?![^\\]*?sample)[^$]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
if you want to use the standard expressions you'd want to name them something like Donald.Duck.S01E05.Donald's.Ostrich or Donald.Duck.1x5.Donald's.Ostrich or Donald.Duck.105.Donald's.Ostrich

if you're willing to write a custom expression you could use <FirstAired> and name them like Donald.Duck.1937-12-10.Donald's.Ostrich

e.x. parsing expression:
(?<series>[^$]+).(?<FirstAired>((19|20)(\d{2})(.|-|/)([0-3]\d)(.|-|/)([0-3]\d)))(?<title>(?![^\\]*?sample)[^$]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)

Thanks for your efforts, but it doesn't really seem to work for me... Check attached screenshot, it looks like the parsing expression is actually used correct, but they don't sync with the TVDB.

The log says:
00000003 - 15-02-2009 09:58:39 - Found 159 episodes online for "Donald Duck - Short Films", matching them up with local episodes now
00000003 - 15-02-2009 09:58:39 - \\192.168.1.122\d\Download\sdbits\!Upload\Donald\Donald Duck 1934-11-25 The Wise Little Hen.mkv could not be matched online, check that the online database has this episode.

Also, I could only get this expression to work by disabling the other parsing expressions, otherwise it picked it up as season 19, episode 37... is there any way around this, I'm not allowed to prioritize the parsing expressions??

EDIT: Just follow up here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/expressions-rules-requests-21978/index27.html

/Christian

Attachments

• mpimport.JPG
    mpimport.JPG
    96.6 KB

scma

Portal Pro
December 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
the expressions is parsed in the order they're listed, so you would need to move it to the top off the list.
But as we discussed in the other thread it's not really usable at the moment, i'll try to do some digging to make a proper bug report.

-magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom