Files deleting without wanting it (1 Viewer)

charliekay74

Portal Pro
June 6, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
i ve got the problem, that every day fresh recorded tv videos are deleted without wanting it. for example i recorded a 2 hour show in the morning. i watched one hour of that ...then stopped it. and after that it is not on the harddisk anymore...deleted....my system windows 10 64bit, mediaportal 1.16pre, i use Kodi and tried versions 16.1 and 17. its happening when using Kodi with mediaportal pvr plugin. is this problem related to the disk quota system? but wouldnt it then not automaticly delete one of the oldest files instead of one of the newest?! and does disk quota delete videos that are only half watched? i added my log. its the video file ARD Morgenmagazin whic he tries to delete....but why? recording drive 700GB from 1.9TB used. Disk Quota turned on, 5000 mb

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you provide logs when this is happening? You should be able to use our Watchdog to collect existing logs. That would give developers a chance to take a look into it.
    You could disable quotas but risk to run out of space on your drive and from experience I know MP1 trips itself when the installation drive is running out of space.
    Better put recording in a separate drive than the installation drive to avoid that.

Your situation could be that you made a fresh install and point your recordings folder to an almost full drive.
    Thus you can only do a couple of recordings before quotas triggers.
    The TV server is only seeing recordings in its database rather than what's on your drive.
    If that's indeed your issue you could fix it by importing recordings in the TV server database.
    That can be done from the TV server configuration tool.

charliekay74

Portal Pro
    June 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i added my log. its the video file ARD Morgenmagazin which he deletes....mediaportal drive is C:, recording drive G: 700GB from 1.9TB used. Disk Quota turned on, 5000 mb

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i added my log. its the video file ARD Morgenmagazin which he deletes....mediaportal drive is C:, recording drive G: 700GB from 1.9TB used. Disk Quota turned on, 5000 mb

Do you really mean disk quota of 5G [5000mb]? Given .ts files are huge [1.91G {2005Mbs} for 1hr, 704x576 pixel, 256Kbs 2 channel audio recorded today], 5G is only 2 1/2 hrs or less.

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom