Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I've moved all my big storage, including films, out of my media PC and onto a NAS. Is there an easy way to tell MovingPictures where the files have moved to and avoid having to rebuild the database from scratch? Or is there a tool I could use to run an update command on the SQLite database to change the file paths?

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The Moving Pictures Configuration has an option for this.

1. Open the Moving Pictures Configuration
    2. Open the tab "Movie Importer"
    3. Select the drive that has moved
    4. Click on the down-arrow next to the minus
    5. Select "Toggle Replaced"
    6. Add the new path

upload_2020-1-1_16-18-39.png

upload_2020-1-1_16-19-26.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    S Problem wit .ISO files in Moving Pictures Moving Pictures 3
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    J Help with new grabber file. WebEPG 1
    S [solved] No sound - MKV file MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    G WTV files General 11
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
    R [will not fix] [MP2-832] MP2.2.2 subtitles not shown for WTV files Submit: Bug Reports 7
    thepahakurki Trakt error: Invalid or missing file Trakt 8
    M Keymapping Which File To Edit General Support 4
    F No data in "File Details" Moving Pictures 2
    R Directx 9.0 June 2010 does not install on Windows 10 x64, ends up with weird failure / no debug file Installation, configuration support 0
    B xml file for perfect player Newcomers Forum 1
    K How to enable autoplaying of the next video files in the folder MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    B Text files attached to videos Watch / Listen Media 10
    Neoculture Bulk file name update My TVSeries 6
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    C How do I get MediaPortal to separate recording files by channel and month? General 2
    CyberSimian [Bug] Signed/unsigned error in calculation of file timestamps MediaPortal 1 11
    HTPCSourcer [solved] Sometimes persistent issues when playing specific h264 mkv files MediaPortal 2 18
    J Trying out MP 1 again, have some questions and a few log files Newcomers Forum 5