[solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've moved my files onto a NAS. Is there an easy way to update the TVSeries database to tell it that all the files are in the new location without setting it up from scratch again? Some way to run an SQL update command on the SQLite database?

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've moved my files onto a NAS. Is there an easy way to update the TVSeries database to tell it that all the files are in the new location without setting it up from scratch again? Some way to run an SQL update command on the SQLite database?
    Yes there are... Just connect to a copy of a db and look around inside the db. You will find it!

But the best is to delete db and start from scratch... and do you use trakt everything will sync up perfectly afterworth [emoji4]

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    What's a good tool for editing SQLite databases? The one I found before was only a browser and couldn't actually execute commands.

EDIT: No worries - think I've found a better tool now

Last edited:

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Thanks folks. The one I used happens to be the one @barneh suggested - slightly odd SQL syntax, but that may be down to SQLite itself rather than the tool (I've mostly used Oracle and Postgres before). Worked fine though, and much quicker than setting up all the series again from scratch.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you move them, add the new paths into the config and run a scan wouldn't it update the database that way?
    I think I've done it before and that's what happened. Though not with a large number of folders.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you move them, add the new paths into the config and run a scan wouldn't it update the database that way?
    I think I've done it before and that's what happened. Though not with a large number of folders.

Yes I just did this a month ago and it worked, even kept the watched status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom