[solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I've moved my files onto a NAS. Is there an easy way to update the TVSeries database to tell it that all the files are in the new location without setting it up from scratch again? Some way to run an SQL update command on the SQLite database?

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    I've moved my files onto a NAS. Is there an easy way to update the TVSeries database to tell it that all the files are in the new location without setting it up from scratch again? Some way to run an SQL update command on the SQLite database?
    Yes there are... Just connect to a copy of a db and look around inside the db. You will find it!

But the best is to delete db and start from scratch... and do you use trakt everything will sync up perfectly afterworth

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Country flag
    What's a good tool for editing SQLite databases? The one I found before was only a browser and couldn't actually execute commands.

EDIT: No worries - think I've found a better tool now

Last edited:

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Country flag
    Thanks folks. The one I used happens to be the one @barneh suggested - slightly odd SQL syntax, but that may be down to SQLite itself rather than the tool (I've mostly used Oracle and Postgres before). Worked fine though, and much quicker than setting up all the series again from scratch.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    If you move them, add the new paths into the config and run a scan wouldn't it update the database that way?
    I think I've done it before and that's what happened. Though not with a large number of folders.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    If you move them, add the new paths into the config and run a scan wouldn't it update the database that way?
    I think I've done it before and that's what happened. Though not with a large number of folders.
    Yes I just did this a month ago and it worked, even kept the watched status.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    S Problem wit .ISO files in Moving Pictures Moving Pictures 3
    D Downloading EPG XML file: Installation, configuration support 0
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    J Help with new grabber file. WebEPG 1
    S [solved] No sound - MKV file MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    G WTV files General 11
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
    R [will not fix] [MP2-832] MP2.2.2 subtitles not shown for WTV files Submit: Bug Reports 7
    thepahakurki Trakt error: Invalid or missing file Trakt 8
    M Keymapping Which File To Edit General Support 4
    F No data in "File Details" Moving Pictures 2
    R Directx 9.0 June 2010 does not install on Windows 10 x64, ends up with weird failure / no debug file Installation, configuration support 0
    B xml file for perfect player Newcomers Forum 1
    K How to enable autoplaying of the next video files in the folder MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    B Text files attached to videos Watch / Listen Media 10
    Neoculture Bulk file name update My TVSeries 6
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    C How do I get MediaPortal to separate recording files by channel and month? General 2
    CyberSimian [Bug] Signed/unsigned error in calculation of file timestamps MediaPortal 1 11
    HTPCSourcer [solved] Sometimes persistent issues when playing specific h264 mkv files MediaPortal 2 18