Files not visible in TV Series/Moving Pictures/Videos (1 Viewer)

MrKneebone

Portal Member
May 5, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin:: Black Glass Nova HD
Windows Version: 7 Home Professional
CPU Type: Intel 3.4Ghz
HDD: 120Gb (90Gb free) internal + 2 x external seagate HDD's.
Memory: 8192Mb
Motherboard:
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Video Card Driver: v8.881.00
Sound Card: Realtek
Sound Card AC3: Realtek
Sound Card Driver: v6.00.0001.6251
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 video decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDSHOW
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder.
Satelite/CableTV Provider: n/a
HTPC Case: Lian Li
Cooling: ??
Power Supply: ??
Remote: n/a (keyboard)
TV: Viewsonic Monitor
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I'm installing Media Portal for a friend on a new PC, and am running into a problem i haven't encountered before.
I've added valid directories for Videos, MP TV-Series and Moving Pictures to an active external drive folder, but when i run the importers, it brings back no results.

Moving Pictures sees only 4 files (of which 3 are m2ts and the other is a "VIDEO_TS" folder/dvd image). The rest of the files are standard avi's and mpegs etc.
MP TvSeries importer sees no files at all. Zero results.
When viewing the directory via MP's Videos menu, i can only see the same 4 files that Moving Pictures importer sees. The parent folder is visible, but no other files are visible under it.

Some additional information:
- I've connected the drive to another working Media Portal PC and it sees all the files perfectly.
- The files are not marked as "hidden".

I've successfully installed MP about 6 times in the last couple of years, but this is the first time i've run into this issue. If anyone can offer any assistance with getting MP to see the files it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

MrKneebone

Portal Member
May 5, 2010
Thanks Holzi ! You put the "super" into "super moderator".

That was exactly what my problem was. I hadn't noticed that expert setting before. Not sure why it defaulted to only the 2 file types on installation, but it's all fixed now.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom